Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crib

The only people who get sued are the ones who can afford to pay multi million dollar settlements, or pay off the lawyers not to continue. Companies that have liability insurance are a prime target for law suits.

An ambulance chaser is not going to take on a case on contingency if he's not going to get his fee.

Ha, I feel all warm and fuzzy knowing you all care so much!

Justin - the crib is beautiful. Nice design too. I've never seen anything like it, but I have not needed to look for crib in some decades :-)

Looks like a promo photo and it too is well done. Do you have any closeups of the work you did on the bot?

Whew - I can't believe all the tangential comments. I'm sure folks are trying to be helpful, but the net effect has to be discouraging when you were simply trying to display your work.

Thanks for posting and I hope you share more of your work in the future.

Terry

I don't think anyone wants to be discouraging.I agree with you,Terry,it is a beautiful design and exceptional work.Especially in these times,I would gladly accept a job that I could just cut and send the parts out the door.My concern is just a word of caution for all of us in this litigious world in which we live,we could easily lose all we work so hard for.It's just the reality of life.With that said, Please Justin,share more of your work in the future!
    "Bot On"

Erminio

Yes, check out Dec. editions of CWB, Modern Woodworking, Cabinet Builder, Sign Media, and Sign Illustrator for pics of recent work. There are some pics of the hearts being machined in the sign magazines. I had to cut them, then flip them over and cut them again for the full 360 degree machining. I am currently using the machine to create some through dovetails on 5/4 cherry for some entertainment centers , they are turning out perfect.

Is there a way to glue my dovetails up, while adding some moisture to have the joints swell for an even tighter/stronger joint? They have a .03 allowance so they actually fit together, but I would love them to be really tight. JR

Justin good looking project, glad you shared it with us.

Don't worry about the liability issues as most on here are a bunch of grumpy old men. If you worry that much about getting sued you better lock yourself in a closet and never ever cut anything let alone a crib. These are the same old guys who will warn you about spray room exposions and dust collector static fires even though they have never seen these except to read about the possibilities of them.

I feel the lawyers should be pictured next to Bin Lauden as they are committing domestic terrorism. Good thing Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, and Tesla were not afraid of getting sued. Or we wouldn't have the gadgets we have today to make scarry threads about how your oging to die a lonely old man because you cut a heart on your bot.

You guys really need to get out more. There is a great and wonderful world out here. Maybe a little fresh air would lighten your chicken little thoughts a little?

I climb from my soap box now, Good for you Justin the crib looks awesome.

-D

I am much happier being called a "grumpy old man" than a "big blue meanie"...

Mr. Rodda, I like your post. I'm not sure what more to add.

Justin, nice work. I recently cut a thermoform mold for a company that does work for the military. This particular part was for some sort of Black Hawk Helicopter, an acrylic bubble window/lense or something. I didn't really ask. I hope it doesn't crash on a training mission, I might need a good lawyer (maybe some of you guys could recommend one
    )

Gabe