Thread: Drag knife

Default Drag knife

Hey Everyone, I am looking at buying a drag knife for cutting sandblast mask. I don't do alot of sandblasted signs and usually use my plotter but the plotter seems to be acting up and screwing up cuts. I like the idea of putting the mask on and cut on the bot. That means I can sell my plotter and use my vcarve software as well. I have done a search and read up on it. ANyone who has this, can they please give me your advice and pros and cons of using. Thanks in Advance.
    GLen

I have one but have not been very happy with the results cutting sandblast material. What material are you using and what is the angle on the blade you are using? It needs to be a 60 degree blade and I use a sandblast material from Hartco.

Glen

I haven't used Widgetworks Drag knife http://www.shopbottools.com/spindles.htm
    I've seen some excellent results using this product.

Erminio

Hey Carroll, I use a 60 degree with Hartco mask with my plotter. Never had a issue before using the plotter but right now the mask seems to be getting out of alignment while moving in the plotter. I like the idea of using the bot because it means I can get rid of the plotter and also use my vectric software to design and cut in.

Glen,
    I have not used the knife mentioned above, it may give you better results. I had the same issue with the material moving before, in my case my plotter has a third set of hold down wheels which I was suppose to have in the down position and I didn't.

Also, when I did cut material on the bot I had to spray the back of it with some spray adhesive to keep the material laying flat.

I can definately understand wanting to use standard software.