Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem between aspire and shopbot

Default Problem between aspire and shopbot

Ok I am making a case with hidden hinges about 11.75 x 9.75 x 1 each half. I drew this in Aspire. I then went to my toolpath . I picked the cutter, feed rate, set path depth, spindle speed and filled in all the other inputs. I did the calculate and run the preview toolpath. All looked great, so I saved toolpath, picked the post processor ShopBot (arcs)(inch)(*.shp) .
    Now I start my ShopBot software. Get my file 11.5 case and try it in preview mode. Then the problems start. It seems to cut the hinges out fine. But at closer look, instead of cutting it .25 deep, it all the way thru the board and the last hinge hole is way too close to the end of the case. So I check the box size in the shopbot material preview. I find that instead of the case being 11.75 x 9.75 x 1 it 8.65 x 4.75 x .22 ( for every tool path that I save the case comes out to have a difference board size. Also when I start to cut out the hinges in cut mode,the cutting start about two inches from where it should of and ramps into the hinge starting point. Then drills almost thru the 1” board.
    Can anyone help with this. Oh I have a prsalpha. I have reinstall the firmware and running 3.6.14
    Thank you
    frank

check your z zero setting. At the table or at the top of your material?

z set is ok. I zero good.

In the material setup in Aspire check that you don't have any offsets specified.

The material size in the SB3 preview won't match the size specified in Aspire unless your parts take up the whole piece.

The size seems to be determined by the x,y zero postion and the outer extents of the toolpath.

ok so I shouldn't worry about anything in sb preview or it's tool setting in the material side. ok so then what could cause the tool to sometime
    ramp into were it should start and cut deeper then it should.

I should say that sometime these file cut perfect then the same file on another peice messes up. I have been pulling my hair got for three weeks with this.

1.I have reformatted the hard drive install xp.
    2.reinstall the control software 3.6.14
    3.reinstall the firmware as per frank from shopbot.
    4.check to make sure I used the right toolpath, but as you can see it cut the first blank from plywood right. It also did this on vcarve tool path on top. It cut out fine on the plywood, then on the cherry it did a ramp to the first letter and dug in almost 3/4 of and inch before I could stop it. Here some pictures of the lock latch.
    50712.jpg
    50713.jpg

Is your machine grounded good?
    It is possible you are getting interferance.
    Make sure all your A\C power is not too close to comunication wires (motor wires) and if you need to cross them cross at 90 deg.
    I had simalar problems once and hooked up jumper cables (for a car) from the Bot to a water pipe and it did make a difference. Then I grounded the machine correctly

Hope this helps
    JD

oh yes believe me it grounged. # 8 copper to each rail including the z. to each computer control box, firm control box and the vsd an then to 3 3/4- 10'ground rod, steel building frame and last water line. This started after I up loaded ver 3.6.5. I don't want to go back because I want to buy e-cab link to make cabinet.

thank you john. I going to call shopbot in the morning again an see if they can help. Just though someone on here might of had this problem.

Frank does this happen on other files or just this one? can you email me the file and I will try on my machine for you? I have a PRS standard.
    Have you drilled a HOME reference hole before you start your file and then after see if it returns to home (check drilled reference hole. Check your comms and make sure they are up above 70%. Make sure you don't have a ground loop. Is this a new problem or new machine and first cuts? Please send me the file or another botter so we can isolate that it is not the file.