Thread: Long router bits?

Default Long router bits?

Can anyone tell me where to get a long bit to cut 2" thick HDU. I would like a 3/8" cutting diameter with a 1/2" shank.
    thanks in advance John

I have no experience withthese people. Ed lang could give you more insite as to whether they could make something for you:
    http://www.centuriontools.com/

700 !!!!

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

Onsrud 52-574 3/8" diameter 3 1/2" length of cut 5" OAL, shank diameter is 3/8" not 1/2 but it is a foam cutter.

I believe I have that foam cutter or one like it for 2" foam. Over time we have used it on Gator foam and thought it worked OK, then at some point I spoke with Onsrud and discussed some ragged cuts and they told me to try their Super O Flutes.
    Since then we have found we like the Super O better than the one they call their "Foam Cutter" So you have some options but the O Flute and Super O-Flutes are our choice for many materials from foam, to plastics, acrylics, and even some hardwoods like Cherry and Oak.
    Good Luck and Have fun.

John,
    Best to call Centuriontools.com. I do not work for them so I cannot say what they are willling to do or not. I will say that they can make this no problem. Question is how many will be made and at what cost.

One thing I have learned is whenever you spec out a cutter with a different diameter than the shank you are paying a lot for grinding away material. This is the reason I have collets in all sizes. I have moved away from tooling with steps for the shank. .375 cutter with .375 shank is what I would try for.

One think for sure, If you go with a Centruion made tool, you will be happy with it.

Blue Ridge Fabrication and Design, Jasper GA

We use an Onsrud upcut spiral, 63-726, to cut 2 inch HDU. It has a 1/4 inch shank and the cutting edge length is only 1.25", but it will cut it in 2 passes without a problem.