Thread: Setting up a website

Default Setting up a website

Well here we are, its 2007 & I think its time I got a website. I realize I'm about 15 years behind but there you go! It took me about a year to decide on which machine to buy so I hope I dont have the same dilemma with a site too. Any advice on providers & other pitfalls to avoid would be great - TIA " The Nev"

Neville,

Try looking here http://www.top10hostinglist.com/?gcl...FSgRGgodXmHA7g I tried IX Web Hosting and believe they would work just fine if you use there canned web building software which you can try before you by. I tried to move my websites from my own server where they have been for the past 8 years to IX but there was problems with the Frontpage server extensions. I was going to move them because my service provider left me out of service for over a week last month. But now I am back up and running fine so they will remain on my server for now.

Neville,
    Take a look at www.1and1.com. I use them and they have been great for me.

Andy B.

Try www.hostexcellence.com the cheap plan is $3.00/month with 5 gig space and 50 gig bandwith per month.

Hey Neville,

I've just started using www.1and1.com for a wiki project and have been very happy with them...their prices are good and you get a lot for your money.

You might also look at doing a blog...it's not nearly as much work as trying to keep a website up-to-date. Blogger is free and easy to use but I must admit I haven't used any others.

Bill

Hi Nev, I have a good friend who uses 1and1 and speaks highly of them. I have used www.hostmysite.com for the past 12 year and found them exceptional in reliability and service. Bill’s suggestion about a Blog rather than a site is a really good idea. HostMySite includes blogging for free (and blogger.com is completely free).

If you’d like to create a business site of your own, I suggest getting help from a young guy sporting a goatee beard, and start with a good template from a place like www.TemplateMonster.com This may not be the perfect source of templates for your purpose, but starting with a great design template rather than from scratch will go a long way. Besides, you should be out cutting on your Bot!

http://www.templatemonster.com/websi...tes/10132.html

D!