Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Yup, there's even an App for that!

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    The Shopbot Remote App has been updated and is now available in iTunes.

Just a couple of minor changes to the top row of buttons.
    Bought my iPad2 in late June 2012 and one of the first App purchases was the SB app
    despite no way of running it to control our PRT-96 via SB control software 3.4.27

..but having waded thru this thread and picked up many hints and tips
    I plan to download the server software to give the control computer WiFi access
    plus buy a simple WiFi hardware unit -and play with this...

You don't have to be half-crazy to do CNC
    but it sure helps...

I recently got an i-phone, an amazing piece of machinery indeed, but I ain't gonna run my bot with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
    I recently got an i-phone, an amazing piece of machinery indeed
    -but I ain't gonna run my bot with it.
    I totally agree:
    I wouldn't use a new (personal) iPhone to run the ShopBot
    but if I could get an older model second hand, I'd def. use it as a dedicated SB remote controller.

You don't have to be half-crazy to do CNC
    but it sure helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
    I recently got an i-phone, an amazing piece of machinery indeed, but I ain't gonna run my bot with it.
    why not I do. It's not like I need a remote often but when I do my iphone is always there.

Just look for a older generation new or refurb iPod Touch. I use my second generation 8gb iPod touch on a daily basis. It doesn't need to be an iPhone. I just leave mine laying on the table out of the way and grab it whenever needed/wanted.
    Scott

i had this runnning months ago, but it doesnt seem to function anymore. When I run the scan, nothing comes up. Firewall allows win remote, wifi is good, manually entering teh IP does nothing...As usual, I'm probably missing something obvious...

Hi Thomas, sorry I missed this. Are you sure that the WinRemote program is running? You should see it down in the notification tray area by the clock. Open the program with one left click and check the 'Server IP' at the top. Make sure your device matches that. Don't click the 'X' as that will close the program, just minimize it to the tray again. If that doesn't work, double check the firewall settings again. Also, could something have changed with your wireless router. Does your device have a wireless connection?

Let me know how you come out.
    Scott

I just recently got an iphone and definitely interested in this app. My control computer(in the shop) is connected to the internet by means of a wireless router inside my house. Will this app work with my setup?

Hi Doug,

While it may work, you may see some undesirable lag time between a button tap and actual response. I'd recommend setting it up with a wireless router right at the control PC. No need to have internet coming into that router. You could try an Ad-Hoc connection to the control PC, but I don't know how well that would work either.
    Scott

Scott--

Just in case you ever feel the need to tweak the app yet again, here's a feature request:
    I'd love to have a way to call up the built-in virtual keyboard, so practically any command could be sent. As it stands now, if I do something like fine tune the Z up/down using the app, I still have to walk over to my computer to type [ZZ].