Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yup, there's even an App for that!

Is this an upgrade Scott? I think we had the first version.

This update has the different shape and placement of the "Tab" and "Jog" buttons as posted above. I found that the occasional "fat finger" could touch the rectangular tab button when not wanted.

The update is free. If you check for updates to your apps in iTunes, it should show up.

Thanks Scott the other big hit was the iTunes Carpenters level we used it to level the bots and it was perfect.

There's a picture of it in action on Bill P.'s Flikr page he just post this morning.

I can't seem to get it to work now that I have upgraded my shopbot control software. Anyone else have this problem?

This is just way too cool! Thanks to this thread, as of three hours ago, I have an iPod Touch on order.

On a more 'serious' note, this is still hugely amazing conceptually since this approach as far as I can tell achieves two things that other 'hacked' hardware remotes don't:

1) it has a software interface which means it can be modular, 'panelled' and quite complex and also updated effortlessly,

2) it can do true two way comm; it is not limited to just sending hardwired commands to the 'bot, it can also send context-sensitive commands and can receive both commands and data from the control software.

My hat is off to you, sirs!

Ffaelan, I haven't had a problem with the latest version of SB3. Check to make sure that the server (WinRemote) is running and that you have the right IP address entered in the ShopBot Remote app.

Thanks Henrik! I'm not so sure that this version of the remote receives anything from the control software. That's something that Jens would have to comment on.

I can't get the winremote to run. I am using WindowsXP any ideas?

Steve, If you start the program with the shortcut, you should see an icon in the tray (by the clock). If you click on the icon, the program should come up on screen. Be sure to check " Start WinRemote Server with Windows". Just minimize the WinRemote window back to the tray. If you close it, it will exit.

It's also possible that Windows Firewall might block it. Check the exceptions list in Windows Firewall.

If that is all working, then be sure that the IP addresses are correct on the iPhone/iPod Touch. The server IP's are listed at the top of the WinRemote window. When those are right, WinRemote should ask if you want to allow that device and then add it to the allowed hosts.

Well I feel like a dunce because I just can't get it to work.

I'm running 3.6.3
    I've got WinRemote Server
    I've got a dedicated wireless remote for the control computer that is not connected to the internet.
    I made sure that I entered the IP address displayed by WinRemote Server into the ShopBot Remote.
    Nothing. Nada. Zip.

I checked the Windows Firewall and WinRemote has permission.

Any ideas?
    Is there anything specific I need to setup in the wireless router?

Scott, sorry you're having problems. Check to be sure that the server is running. You should see an icon down by the clock for "WinTouchRemote Server" If you close the server window after having it open, it will close and not be running. Just minimize it to the "tray". Also, when the window is open, the correct IP address is shown at the top, so you can double check to see that you have the right IP address entered into the iPod. Also be sure that "Start with Windows" is checked.

If you can set up static IP addresses in your router, that can help, as it may change from time to time if using dynamic adresses (shouldn't if it's dedicated to just this though).

There is a new version in the App store now that has the ability to search for the server (Settings and Scan). There's also a "Custom" page, but it doesn't work at the moment.

The latest iPod touch software (3.0) is in the store too.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Scott