Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best website creator??

Default Best website creator??

I'm looking for a SIMPLE website creator that might have a WYSIWYG interface where you can just layout a top banner, buttons, pictures on a page with text that might wrap around it without having to learn to be a frickin rocket scientist!

I use frontpage but i find that i have to go in and manually edit all the html for pictures locations as it assigns the location on my computer in the html. I don't want info on these places that will host the site and give you access to a website creator like godaddy or intuit because i've already got a provider. Plus i'm aggrivated with them.....plus if you have any examples of sites created with these pgms would be great. Thanks

Jack
    One possibility is to buy an XML website. These templates use Flash and allow a lot of customization with a simple word processor, and all of your images just get put in a folder with consecutive numbers for names. These "high end" websites cost many thousands to have developed, but there are several groups of programmers around the world that are selling them for next to nothing. the one listed here cost $39.
    http://www.flashcomponents.net/compo...portfolio.html Take a look at the whole WWW.flashcomponenets.net site. I have no connection to this company, but I have bought website templates from them. I can write a little of this kind of code,painfully slowly, but I dissected the one I recently purchased and there was nothing hidden, no data stealing, just a good web site. www.studiopaintings.com is my wife's paintings, she wanted a simple, fast, very clean design. One of these templates fit her requirements perfectly. Yes this is international outsourcing, but it will allow you do have a great website that you can maintain yourself. The only downside is that Google will only partially index XML websites unless you add some HTML information for them to "see". This isn't difficult to do, and if high Google scores are not necessary, you don't have to do it at all.

Apple's iWeb does what you want.
    I think I pay $100 every year.
    There are free online website creators that are exactly what you want.
    GoDaddy is one.

If you are looking for a local presence look up City-Data.
    What I like about City-Data it a very basic website...nothing fancy. Name, addy , phone number, e-mail and you can post a ton of pics.
    Dead solid simple.
    Free.
    I got more business from that one shot-in-the-dark website experiment than my full blown website. I paid really money for a professionally done website and couldn't edit myself when I wanted to.

Apple' iWeb is totally editable like you say but I'm not sure it is picked up on the web like a pro site or like City-Data.

Here is and example:
    http://www.city-data.com/profiles/5991

Jack try the one I use. They have a free 10 day trial as well. The website is www.ibuilt.net.
    Easy to use no html or rocket science to learn.
    Glen

Jack,

Several years ago I downloaded "Cool Page" and it worked for me. It is WYSIWYG based and it was free. I still use it since it is so simple.
    It has it's shortcomings in terms of e-commerce I think, but it has upgrades you can buy.

Tom

You might try www.weebly.com for your site. The software is online, free, and is also hosted free. I used it for my Mother's flower shop and it worked well. Very easy to add pages, pictures, galleries,text, etc. and you can use your own web address. TIME listed it as one of their TOP 50 Websites, and I can see why. The only downside I saw was that you have to be online to work on the site. Other than that, it has worked great.

try sites.google.com and it is free

My buddy Marty. :-)

/RB

Jack,
    Just the opinion from a country boy. I have mainly used FrontPage (now it's Expression Web and still very similar) for ten years and as you know you can create sites that load fast and look just as good, it's in the design not how savy you are with writing html. If you are already familiar with FP, you might have your web host install the FP Extensions, you can then edit "live" and you keep all your files in the proper places. You can still edit off-line if you want then go online and sync the files.
    I recently got Xara Web Designer, it's simple and very creative when placing stuff "exactly" where you want it, but trying to edit a published page with another program is a nightmare, breaks each image and text item on the page into "cells" that are controlled with CSS, but you can always go back to Xara, edit the page and upload it again. Xara will do exactly what it sounds like you are wanting to do and is only around $50, the goodies that come with it are worth more than that.

Larry

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Vista print has 500 buisness cards for 1.99 plus shipping ( total 8.00 ) and they have web sited for about 10.00 a month . I have been going to get into this further but havent had the time. A guy must sleep after Turkey.....