I need your opinion. Since this forum is about work, goes everywhere and the users are so diverse i would like to know how did you get in to the occupation you have. who helped you. i meet with a group ten 17 year olds each tuesday for an hour. they are in a group home that is part of the detention center for youth offenders. They can stay in the group home if they obey the rules otherwise they are sent back to lock up.
I want to talk to them about Freedom. That freedom of choice can empower them to experiment to find the job they really want to have. I want to tell them that alcohol and drugs rob them of freedom of choice.
All week i have been wanting to tell them about how others journey to get the job they love so they can have hope too.
I hope no one minds me using this forum for this.
you can email me separately at dakers@envirosigns.com
I have seen hundreds of 17 year olds go through the group home. we have been to funerals for those who did not make it. I need to give them what i need also which is hope that they can use the freedom of choice rather than be passive and take whatever comes and think that is all they can have. Maybe even a story about your parents or grandfather can inspire them. They need love, opportunity and education. Maybe your journey can help a future shopbotter. How about that?