Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I thought I was bad at shipping.

hey guys I never said I was mad. I never was worried about getting money back. I have done worse at shipping.
    so I was not really venting just thought it was a bit silly.

My two cents. I ship almost daily and most of it by FedEx and they stop by and pick it up from me. Now if I get a request to ship by the Post Office I have to stop work get in the truck drive 10 miles one way to the Post Office stand in line wait 10 to 20 minutes and then drive back 10 miles, and go back to work. Now how do you think I like to ship, but to keep the customer happy I will do it. As the old saying goes the customer is right always.

Ron
    USPS also picks up just like FEDEX and UPS. Just open an online account and no more going to the post office. We also ship everyday and our customers have all the choices.
    Gary

Plus the post office is usually faster. priority mail can be the next day or two or three days. Plus some free supplies boxes and such.

A large percentage of the time, when someone ships me something via the post office, it is lost and I never receive it. It is never fast, I try and avoid it.

I have shipped thousands of packages through the mail and received countless ones. I may have had one package lost but I never found the mailing receipt so i was never sure. priority mail is pretty reliable.
    I have received packages the next day with priority mail or in two days.
    I have shipped all over the world without problems.

ok now for a good laugh. shopbot gave me a 10.00 credit for shipping. I just got it today and guess what it was for 100.00 I knew I was important but not this important.
    now to get the money returned.

When I fix a mistake the shipping sometimes costs me more then what I made in profit.

My experience.
    Small packages sent by priority international mail get there unless you're shipping to Russia ad the price is right - if it fits in the envelope

England customs looks up your product and charges 75 percent duty even if it's a gift or charitable donation. I am not going to include instructions or packaging, in the future, and send the instructions by Email.

In the US. UPS charges more then Fedex and breaks more items, more often. I pack them the same way for fedex and UPS. UPS doesn't care. Unless you have a big account. good luck trying to collect if they used your package as a stepping stool or put it under an anvil during shipping.

The post office can't deliver my mail to me correctly. I get mail that was meant for someone else a block away. And they loose things. I sent a package 25 five miles - it took them 29 days. A month ago I got a Christmas card that was sent in 07.

As far as Shopbot. I can't complain. They have their heart in the right place and have been good when I need something.