Thread: Classes

Default Classes

Can anyone tell me if there are any classes offered in the cleveland Ohio area. I am a beginner trying to train myself and think I need a little more help.

Hi Lori. I dont have much input on classes but if have software with toolpathing its the same as the real thing. Even the shopbot controller (download avail on main page) has an emulator.

I played nightly, read all I could watched all the free videos on artcam etc for 3 months awaiting my cnc and it helped me tons

you might also want to post a message in the "Looking for shopbot owner" column. Also call shopbot and ask them if they have a list of owners in your area who are on their "demo list" and ask them if they might spend some time with you. Do you already own a shopbot? What type of help are you looking for? Also start asking questions here. My posts are over 600 now, so i ask ALOT of questions and get alot of answers and alot of help, so don't be shy. Many members here have gone way beyond the "call of duty" to help me, so i'm sure you'd get help here.

Lori, you may want to check out our local Midwest Camp Shopbot group. John Forney is wanting to get together informally on May 19th. Here is a link:
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/mes...tml?1177091521

wow! this is a great start!
    Jack, I do not own my own shopbot but am working for a designer who wants me to learn it from his shop so I have started out with videos and a little hands on. Ive ran a plasma cutter in a machine shop so I know I can get the hang of it, but really need some help getting started. thank you all so much for your support .... I will get busy with the advise you have given. Thanks again

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Lori,
    If you can run a plasma cutter then learning the bot will not be hard at all . What thpe of designs are you going to do with the bot? Does he have a bot for you to do hands on with? By all means keep an eye on the forum and if a camp is close to you GO, It is worth the price of admission i guarentee that......

Gene,
    I will be running the SB for a wedding designer and fortunately he has one that I have been playing around with but still, I cannot run this entirely without some type of training, I have way too many questions. I actually figured out how to jog and move the axis on my own so I dont guess thats too bad for 3 days. Plus, I am looking over the forums and have viewed the training video so hopefully i am well on my way. Thanks for your reply

Lori,

There are four of us with ShopBots here in Pittsburgh. I'm located by the airport and I've done lots of Demos. Your welcome to come down and spend some time operating one of ours.

Bill Lebeda
    412-996-6917