Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Wanted

Default Help Wanted

The company I work for is building a new custom shop in 13,000 of space and I have made a deal with them to lease my bot for it's use. The new shop will have around 6 guys building custom contract furniture for our clients and use the bot for parts and template cutting. We have some good builders working for us now but need someone to be the head of custom and responsible for running the machine. We are located in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone interested please contact me direct at DaveR@newrivercabinet.com

Ft. Lauderdale? Ain't it Spring Break? Dave, can't we just come down there and party instead,... and forget about that silly shop?

Mark: At your age the spring breakers oughta look like teeny boppers!!

Exactly!!! :-)

Just kiddin'. I hope you found someone.

Edit: Double post.

Mark, you can delete a post within 30 minutes. (use the button with the little red x)

But please don't ever be so lowmean as to delete a post because it got a response you didn't like.

Sorry, Gerald. I knew that, but didn't think about it. I'm involved with 4 or 5 different internet forums concerning different subjects and I sometimes forget what I can do on each one as far as editing, deleting, etc... They all have their different quirks and such...

Forgive me? :-0

And Gerald, I would NEVER delete a post because of a response I didn't like. I think you may have been witness to that already in the past week or so. ;-)

Hey, nothing to apologise for!

Dave, I was interested in your perspective and decisions as I have been approached to move into a cabinet makers shop but NOT on a machine lease basis. More a barter arrangement in exchange for materials and rent, we would help fabricate bot compatible runs while maintaining our independence. Seem to be several benefits but still thinking about it.
    Any reason in particular you wouldn't run it for them (at fair prices of course)and maintain your own business at the same time? Just seems to me that they end up with everything they would need to ultimately say, Thanks, we're now buying our own at some point and you've trained your new competitor as a turnkey replacement.
    Understand if this is too personal to share but had to ask.
    Best of Luck.

Jerry: As their Senior Project Manager I am responsible for the co-ordination of all phases of a company currently doing around 7 million a year and also, in partnership with the operations manager and chief estimator, bringing a whole new level of customer base to our door in the area of high end commercial millwork. This means I typically start aroun 6-6:30 and get home around 7.
    The challenges and rewards in that position afford me very little time to engage in the physical aspects of woodworking. For now I wish to do only enough to "keep my hand in".
    They would have bought my bot however it is cross collateralized with my Artcam Pro package which at this time has no use for them. The sale of the balance of my equipment and the "lease" of the bot is packaged with personal bench space on site and so on what little spare time I have I can still build a few "honey-dos" and cut some designs.
    My little custom shop was no competition to them. For the production shop we have our eye on a new Biesse cnc, beam saw, and edgebander package that will run from the Microvellum license we just bought and are having fun learning to use.
    We are still looking for the right person to run the custom shop. This is a company with good benefits, a long history, and a bright future.
    We are also looking for a topnotch lead finisher familiar with AWI Finish requirements.