Well, there isn't so much show as there is tell here, but we just completed our last schedule bat house workshop for the year. We base our workshop on our DIY kit that we cut on the shopbot. The design has been fantastic (to pat myself on the back) and would be virtually impossible to to cut without using the bot. Today was a record workshop, we assembled 20 houses in about 2 hours with first graders.

What made today a little different is we didn't have time to prefit the houses. It was blind faith off the bot onto the cart and to the school. I even cut 5 extra just in case a part was messed up for some reason, we didn't need them.

This is also the first time we used large bat cutouts including a 3D face carving of a bat. I'll post pictures of those in this thread a little later when I get the camera gear unloaded.

This has been the busiest October yet. We spent Sunday at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens talking to about 2000 kids. We didn't build any houses but we did show them. The parents all loved the kits and orders have already started coming in.

I also spoke to a cabinet maker that recognized CNC work and was amazed I could afford a CNC machine to do this kind of work. I suggested he checkout Shopbot, it may be more affordable than he thinks.

I must say, after little more than a year I think we might just have to keep the bat bot around a while.

Robert