Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop rotated 90 degrees and sheet storage...

Robert,

I second the storage containers, we purchased 2 last year, they are all aluminum shipping containers and insulated, they have 9' ceiling height and are 46 feet long. We got them delivered for 1750.00 each and had to hire a crane to set them in place for 250.00. I love them.

Still working on things, here is a quick shop tour. I reduced the images so they should load fairly fast.

My dust collection is still a little chaotic after the move and a few tools and the toolbox in front of the door need new homes but most are set pretty good.

The workbench at an angle is due to an overhead attic door where I store somethings and need regular access. I don't know how I'm going to like the angled arrangement but I'm going to give it a try.

The wall (currently unpainted) was added on the side of the sheet storage and closes in the dust collector and air compressor. I'd say noise has dropped by 15% or so. When I get the insulation and door installed I'm hoping for about a 40% reduction.

The part carts are parked in front of the sheet storage. Those kind of lost their home but I'm thinking since they roll I'll be able to live with moving them to access the sheets.

Still a lot to do but it's going to stay like this a while as I catch up on orders.

20091.jpg

20092.jpg

20093.jpg

20094.jpg

20095.jpg

20096.jpg

20097.jpg

20098.jpg

20099.jpg

Robert

nice orderly shop and some very nice tools!
    I'm jealous!

Robert, Looks like you have it going your way. I can only hope that someday when the house is done I will get to set my equipment up where I can get to it. ( and run it without the use of extension cords ) As soon as I can pickup my racks I am hoping to get some things off the slab and have more room to work. Went to see a customer this morning too and may have another sign to do for them. Best news is Jo-Anne's shoulder was not as bad as we thought, simple cleaning of the joint and removal of some bone spurs this morning. Recovery time should be shorter, and she can still use her computer.

Looks great. Once you close in the dust collector and compressor all the way look out for heat buildup in the room.