Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buddy 32 Problem

I'm not sure if a buddy is made like a alpha with the big control box however I ran my tool into a block of wood cutting and I couldn't get it stopped before it blew the fuses. They are solid (buss?) type fuses, that to look at them you would not know they are blown. I replaced both of mine at around $10.00 each but i was having some of the same issues where you had power but nothing moved. Mikes post reminded me of it. Pull the fuses and check them. You may not have done anything to cause them to blow they could have just been weak. Use a plastic fusepuller or make sure its disconnected from the power.

This is a standard so it just has the plain box with a switch on it. I don't think it's a heavy duty relay.

Much beyond checking the voltage on something like this and I'm getting out of my league pretty quick. I can say the transformer is outputting 65V, and I checked the input wires to the board and it also reads 65V. The fuses are glass cylinders with metal ends and a wire through the middle. There seems to be one for each driver plus an extra one. None 'appear' to be blown on close inspection, but without picking up some new ones and swapping them out, I guess you wouldn't know for sure. The drivers are attached to the board so I don't know what else to check. Mike I think you hit the problem - the steppers are not 'locking' when the control box is turned on. And yes, it's in move mode

Phil

Those types of fuses are probably very inexpensive and a cheap way to rule out that as your problem. I'd replace them.

Yes! I (actually Mike) figured it out. I was replacing the fuses and going over everything, again for the fourth time
    and found it. One of the wires on the transformer out to the board was pretty loose and not making good contact - I was just going through each connection and pulling on the wires. I know I checked Voltage on the cable going into the board yesterday, but I was also in panic 'oh **** the bot doesn't work' mode! Thanks everyone, especially Mike, for helping me get this figured out!!!

Phil