Joe,

I saw it for the first time in a Marine Surplus / Salvage yard. the 'pink' was more of a Raspberry or dark Cranberry. the 'blue' was lighter than Navy but grayer than Denim. both had sort of a 'dusty' cast.

the surfaces looked like white Starboard but the machined edges looked more like the HDPE 'slick strip' used on woodworking machines, sort of 'greasy', and felt slick on the fingernail.

it wasn't as ridgid as solid surface acrylic. a 3/4" sheet had the same 'bow' as 3/8" plywood.

it was priced less than the white per pound but felt denser, so I thought it'd cost more for the same size. I was looking for something to 'play' with so I passed on it and went with the white. I plan on going back next weekend to see if I can pick up some cheap.

I imagine it's used around here for exterior fixtures (sinks, cup holders, fish cleaning stations, etc.) so it should stand up to weather and sun.

don't know how it'd paint, but if your applying vinyl or white letters to it, it should hold up OK. on the pallet I saw were various sizes from around 1/4" to 3/4". the colors were only available in full sheets, 4X8. another reason I got a small piece of white.

If I get some next week, I'll try some test cuts and post the results.

da