Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jupe Table

Default Jupe Table

I have a client who would like me to build a high low round table that also expands yet maintains near roundness. The hardware for this was designed quite some years ago and although I have found a couple of companies currently offering their own versions of the table I cannot find anyone offering the hardware as a standalone to put your own top and base on. Does anyone out there have any hints?

Dave

Dave,
    I doubt that you are going to find Jupe table hardware by itself. The design & mechanism was patented in the 1800 by Robert Jupe. I imagine that you could design a mechanism yourself and make it out of wood or have someone plasma cut one out of metal for you.

-Brady

wmalcolmg@aol.com Guest

I just finished building a "Jupe" table. I used the drawings from the patent I got from the office in London, The only real hardware I had to have made was the "C" connections between the two rings. I almost lost it trying to get all the pieces to fit in both positions. Good Luck, Malcolm

I have NO idea what a "Jupe" table is. Anuone have a picture they can post?

Bill: A Jupe table was invented by a guy named (of all things) Jupe. When you twisted the top it expanded and then you would drop leaves in it so it maintained approximate roundness. I'm building a modified version of one for a client but he doesn't want to go the bucks or time for the real thing.
    Malcolm- I'd love to see shots of your project and discuss mine.

Dave

6518.jpg

woodworker (Unregistered Guest) Guest

There is a design where you can store the leaves inside the table too http://www.martindodge.com

Here is the table finished: all bot cut, the pie leaves slide out on sliding dovetails, all leaves have t&g interlocks, the center rises on compression springs from 18" to 30" and it goes from 48" to 72". Sorry about the lousy resolution required for posting. Maybe it's time I looked into a blog.

Dave

10373.jpg

10374.jpg

Nice job Dave! Did you cut the legs on the bot as well? Thanks for posting the finished product. I saw that you first talked about in in Feb. You must have a few hours in on this project.

ThingsWood, 105 Keystone Court, Thunder Bay Ontario, P7C 2E6

Very nice! Thanks for the follow-up.