Thread: Cabinet software

Default Cabinet software

I am looking for cnc cabinet software. Any suggestions are welcome. Is anyone using Cabinet Parts Pro?

Alibre Design is a good choice for custom part and cabinet design to be used with VCarve Pro or PartWorks. The possibilities will increase once the VCarve Nesting software is released.

Start with the free version to see if it will do what you want.

Cabinet Parts Pro is a good solution for entering cabinet sizes and getting nested parts, with a lot of options for setting up the construction methods to match your assembly techniques.

If you want full blown cabinetmaking software including elevations, plans, 3D renderings, full nesting and machine output you will spend more on the software than you did on the ShopBot. I've recently dived head-first into CabinetVision and I am amazed at the flexibility of the software to design virtually anything and the power of the renderings for letting the client see what they are getting before signing the contract. It is revolutionizing my design process and how I create files for the ShopBot.

For the same money I could have bought a decent new car. I expect it to pay for itself in time saved, mistakes eliminated, and jobs sold in a year or two at most.

I use CabinetPro and have for years. It's priced a lot less then Cabinetvision and does the same thing. Lots of versility, nesting, cnc cut file output, 3D rendering, estimating, drills, dados, etc.

Mike

i purchased cabnetware in 97 and upgraded to ver 8.1 in 06, when i went cnc they wanted some biggggggg$$$$$ for the cnc move, i went with cpp and have yet to need any thing else, at the price it's worth a try,

you might want to lok at router cad. screen to machine parametric capability.