Per the instructions, I loosened the 10 5/16" bolts that hold the blue frame to the aluminum extrusion sides. I then installed the Z axis and tightend down the 1/2" bolts and then tightened the 10 5/16" bolts.

According to the assembly instructions, you're supposed to do this in order to prevent distorting the extruded side plates.

The problem I'm having is that when you tighten the Z axis bolts and then re-tighten the 5/16" bolts, you've effectively(sp) eliminated the room needed to adjust the Z axis to make the direction that is perpendicular to the X rail parallel with the table surface. The only way I can see to rectify this without diverging from the instructions would be adjust the alignment of the Y car by fiddling the eccentric nuts on the rollers until that part of the Z axis is correctly aligned.

There was an orange tag on the Y car that reiterates the importance of losening these 10 bolts, so I really don't want to second guess these guys and risk deforming the extrusion.

On another note I've got the Z axis installed in such a way that that oval side cutout is even with the Y car sides in order to make fitting the backing nuts for the mounting. However, the picture in the book shows the Z axis with one open hole above the top surface of the Y car. Is the picture inaccurate (the Z pictured has more holes than mine?) or have I mounted my Z axis too low?

Thanks all!

g.