Thread: Walnut Pub Table

Threaded View

Default Walnut Pub Table

Pub Table:
    - Solid walnut base, legs, top
    - Patina'd copper inlay
    - Powder coated foot rail and apron (local metal fabricator)

Stools:
    - Poplar stained to "compliment" this table and bar tops I just installed, as client wanted to go low dollar on these (very typical when it comes to seating). Client accepted my bid on a set of 12, I made 15 so I could have samples on hand. Bot did 90% of the joinery cuts, as I finally set things up for mortise/tenon work on end of the shopbot.

Naturally, the bot did the saddle seats - remarkably simple to do these in V-Carve pro - just drew straight lines for vectors 3/16 apart and utilized the fluting tool path. .50 ball nose, depth of cut of .50" and a ramp setting at 100%, = a nice swept arc with some manageable ridges. Used a 2.5 x 8" pneumatic drum sander that made clean up incredibly fast.

Kind of an odd contrast to have a highly customized table and low-budget seating, but they ended up with a decent compliment to the walnut, traditional joinery for a much stronger chair, and I was able to meet their short holiday deadline vs. waiting 6-8+ weeks for the imports.

Really excites me to realize that the J.I.T. method of manufacturing can be a big key to success for the small shop. It's nice to be able to make that a part of my business strategy along side offering the highly customized pieces.

This is why I took the plunge two years ago, and I'm extremely pleased with my big beautiful blue helper !

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images