When I tried to cut a part today, my Desktop Max drove into the lower X stop position and started grinding so I stopped it. After that I've had nothing but trouble. At that point I could move the spindle in the y and z axis but either direction in x just caused grinding. Then SB3 lost access to the device and a series a reboots did nothing to solve it. I downloaded the latest SB3 software, was finally able to get the new firmware to install, and then SB3 said input 4 was on, but should normally be off (check the VN command). I don't recall an input 4 before the upgrade. At this point, SB3 recognizes the control board each time, but I can no longer move the spindle along any axis. I ran the Shopbot setup, and the squaring routine, but the squaring routine also won't move the spindle at all.

This is on Windows 10, so I'm wondering if that is part of the problem, however, since getting the Desktop Max I've only ever used Windows 10 and I've not had this problem before.

Any ideas? Do I need to change settings to ignore all the extra inputs I see in the latest SB3 (3.8.42)

Todd