Thread: Storm / Tornado in SE

Default Storm / Tornado in SE

I hope all you guys in the path of these storms are ok. The tornado damage is sobering to look at and even more sobering when one goes right over your head. About 1AM this morning I was feeling pretty small. We got back to the news and the line for the tornado path went directly over us. We found roof parts, insulation and part of a bathtub among other things. Finding the torn and crushed part of a fiberglass bathtub was the spooky part. Looking at it and wondering where it came from and if the people in the house are ok.

In light of what has happened elsewhere our personal situation isn't even a footnote, we lost our chimney cap. Erie was when air started rushing up the chimney and out of the house. I suspect that's when the cap went.

If any botters out there got hit please let us know. I'm sure any of us who might be nearby could render aid in some fashon if nothing more than hot meal.

/RB

Glad you just had a close call - and agree with your sentiments regarding those who have suffered losses. I lived near the base of Lookout Mountain in Trenton Ga. for a number of years and heard that they had damage there as well. As you said - those are the things that remind us of what tiny creatures we are, and how delicate a treasure life is for each of us.

Default Storm

The two storms that tore Rome up went just north of where I live in White, about a mile or two north. Just missing one of my Techs home and passing just south of one of the Sales rep I work with. But all of us were lucky and Mine and my families Prayers are with those not as fortunate.
    Neal Meyers Jr
    Euharlee Woodshop
    Guyton Ga

"Move forward as if nobody is trying to Hinder you" Abe Lincoln

Hope all are safe out there!
    http://www.WoodworkingByErminio.com

Custom Cabinetry, Furniture ,CNC Services
    Email:Wberminio@msn.com
    914-666-8746 Shop/Office

Mr. Ball. You are a classy guy.

Monty