Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Ole VI Command is Not Working

SV Works.....Like manna from digital heaven. How sweet it is.
    THANKS A TON

Glad to hear that Wade. I was wondering if I was the only one to ever have that problem!

Stan,

Damn, I am getting old! I had to take college classes to learn the slide rule! I remember my first calculator - 4 functions, EL display and $79!
    However, I still use my HP RP calculator - way faster input than normal ones!
    Ron Sloan

Ron,

I had a slide rule too but luckily it was on the way out. Only 3 digits of precision at best (usually enough)! My first H-P cost over $400.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

My first HP was a 12C financial calculator in 1984-ish and then a used HP4C in about 1989 or 1990... I bought it used for about $100 and loved the RPN.

My next was in 1996... and I paid about $200... used again. It is a 48SX and still has marks where the kid -named "Riley"- engraved it.... (right before he probably disappointed his folks by dropping out of UT School of Engineering! And sold his calculator to some adult who could not use it nearly as well!) I have used his calculator for all these years with NO problems- and have loved it. I still can't use HALF the functions this old tank has... but it does well for me to this day. And nobody will steal it because they (1) don't want to have to carry it away and (2) most of them don't really know what "RPN" is about....

One of these days I will get to the level of programming the SB that you guys are. For now, I am content to make my files and run my 2D work... I just wish that the HP deskside - with all its memory and all its attributes-- would run my SB at HALF the reliability of this old calculator.... ! (There is a Dell in my near future, I think! Maybe Santa will bring it to me!)