Let's Talk ShopBot  

Go Back   Let's Talk ShopBot > Applications and Techniques > Designing and Creating the sbp cutting file > Solidworks

Old 04-01-2012, 01:42 PM

Brady,
I think you nailed it again. My step over was .625 instead of .0625. I did not conciously set it. I need to learn each of these functions better. I have probably never used that bit before and I obviously do not know what I am doing yet. I have been using the default settings on the bits. I will try cutting it again and see what happens but I think this should fix it. It was a roughing pass.
The finished part is exactly how I did it. Nice to know I somewhat think properly
It is a practice piece to see how difficult it would be to import files from Solidworks before I try something more difficult.
Thanks so much for the help.
Shaun
Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 PM

No problem - Glad you got it sorted out. Keep practicing...you'll be humming right along in no time. It takes a while to learn how to 'think in CNC', and discern between what is a 3D part and what can be created with 2D strategies. If it can be done via 2D, then do it - it is always faster.

-B