Thread: what model is my Shopbot ?

Default what model is my Shopbot ?

Hello I bought a used shopbot and would like to know the model plus any other info someone knows about this model. The size is for 32"X24" material. I going to try to download a photo, hope I get it right. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. \image( My machine)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by S James; 05-21-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Poto did not post

Steve,
    It looks like an early bench top model. You might want to send a picture to Shopbot tech support for confirmation
    ( http://www.shopbottools.com/mSupport...echsupport.htm) and at the same time ask about having the machine registered in YOUR name as you are now the owner. Welcome!
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Its a PRT-24x36. It may be either a standard or alpha. Post a photo of the stepper motor nameplate and someone on here will be able to give you that extra bit of information. It may have been referred to as a "desktop" when it was new. Now the desktop models refer to a different geometry.

That is a precursor of the BT-32 with a moving table.

My understanding is it should be able to run the current control software, but you would be well advised to call tech support and ask. Its a shopbot, so all the stuff we talk about here on the forum applies to that machine too.

Learn how to tweak it up for maximum performance from some of the other PRT operators on here, and you will be really glad you bought it!

Good luck- hope that helps.

D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

It seems Bill replied while I was typing in my reply. Bills answers are always more definitive than mine!

D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

Hello I sent a message to support. I have been all over the forum the last few months. A lot of good info. I thought I would introduce my self and ask about my Shopbot specifically. I have found 2 photos of this machine on the forum. I have loaded control software Version 2.39. The X axis is not very smooth . Still working on adjustment with limited documentation I have. Thank you for your response's. All help is appreciated. I'm up loading 2 more photos of my machine. thanks again. Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is a PRT Standard and i believe they called it the "benchtop" for a bit but don't quote me. Four wires on the motors mean it's a standard system. It doesn't matter how old your machine is or what has really been done to it, ShopBot will help. I have a Mach3 setup to control my 120x60 PRT and anything mechanical they'll still help with.

Regards
    Randy
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.

Default Problem y axis

Thanks you guys for the information on what model I have. The machine is now registered in my name with Shopbot I bought the machine at an auction without being able to see it run. Told my wife that I now have a cnc machine or a large boat anchor. When I found out about this shopbot forum my search for information began. I have found a lot of good information on this site thanks to all of you on this forum. I am presently trying to find the cause of a chatter on my Y axis. I think it is my Y axis driver. I will call shopbot today. Thanks again.
    Last edited by S James; 05-29-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Default What did you learn?

I have the same model and a similar issue. Just curious as to what your solution was.