Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Strange noise and nasty vibration

Was that last video of the first computer?

It may just be an issue of a poor USB subsystem. I know that you're limited on ports on a laptop, but as Ron stated, be sure it's not plugged in to a 3.0 port (they have a blue tab inside instead of white). In your 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\Diagnostics' folder, there should be a file called 'USBVIEW.EXE'. Run that to see what kind of controller the shopbot is on , enhanced or standard (this is easier than device manager to view). If at all possible, you should try to have the spindle control and the control box on separate controllers. You can swap them around and hit file/refresh in USB View to see were they have moved to. If not sure which one is which, unplug the spindle control and leave it out while checking the control box.

That Packet_ET is good on the test laptop.

I've never been a big fan of laptops for running these, but understand the appeal. Make sure that all power saving features are turned off and if possible, you may be able to turn off processor throttling in the BIOS.

For a test of the settings from one computer to the other, you could save the settings on the one that works and load them on the other. 'US' on one and then 'UR' on the other.
    Scott

Thanks, Ron. I'll give your suggestions a try. That is correct, I'm not plugged into usb 3, but will swap some things around to see if I can get the Dell Inspiron 3647 to run the Bot. I did get the surfacing file to run just fine on a Dell laptop I have so that pretty much narrows thing down to the computer I'd say!

Randy

Thanks for more good suggestions to try, Scott W. It sounds like several little things can add up to a bigger issue. The vids I posted are all from the desktop that seems to be the problem (Brand new computer, right out of the box). No issues whatsoever with running on the Dell laptop. As you point out, it's likely something simple so I'll get into the weeds of it and make it "all good". Thanks again for sticking with me on this....it really put a big smile on my face to see the Bot doing something productive.

Randy

Just to see if this is the problem boot into your Bios and under proformance select disable multi core technology. You get into the Bios by hitting F2 as soon as you see the dell logo.

Jerry, I got in there and disabled the multi core support, ran an air cut of the surfacing file and got the same problem after a pass and a half. I haven't done the other tasks you suggested yet but will this evening. Again.........thanks.

Randy

Working through a few conditions in usb view, I see "ShopBot" in usb 3 port 3 which sounds like a no no, but I can't seem to get "ShopBot" out of port 3.

Ok, got SB off of port 3 but not sure how to move to a different driver.

Can you post a screen shot of your USB View. If you have Win 7, you can use the Snipping Tool found in All Programs/accessories.

There was a time a few years back where the USB system on some Dell computers were quite problematic when trying to run ShopBots.
    Scott

I think I captured the screen shop here:
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's too small and low res to see. If you use the Snipping Tool program, make a new/rectangular snip, draw a box around the USB View window and save as a .jpg then upload it.
    Scott