Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Zero Plate for zeroing XYZ in 1 shot

Steve...

There isn't a crosshair. The bottom of the large hole is counterbored (stepped) to allow positioning a plastic reticule disk. To ensure accuracy a blank disk should be stuck in place with a tiny amount of something like silicone at three points and only then marked with something like a V-bit.

The software is set up to allow normal use with a reticule in place.

One other thing about the software - it's set up to auto-detect inch/mm operating mode, so if you have a project with metric dimensioning, the SuperZero shouldn't present any problems.

As for supply, no worry - I have about 90 of 'em on the shelf, so there's no danger of a shortage.

...Morris

Well, Morris, you only have 89 of them now, because I just ordered one. I saw this earlier in a former post and thought it was a good idea then. Based on Jason's experience, I just have to have one. So far, I have bought several things for my machine (BT 32) based on forum members recommendations and, so far, with good results. It is a problem trying to zero everything to a sometimes critical starting point and this looks like it will work well. I look forward to using it. Thanks, joe

Joe...

Thank you (I just finished your Priority Mail label)! I'll have it on its way tomorrow.

I think you'll be pleased. This all came about because some of the parts of my solar panels need to be machined on both sides and it's really important that the two sides be in 'perfect' registration with each other. It's saved me a lot of time and aggravation, and I hope you have that same experience.

...Morris

Morris tomorrow is a holiday so save yourself the trip to find out the post office is closed.

The Super Zero continues to impress here. I cut out 14 elks from the program aspire purchased from 3dvectorart. I used 5 pieces of scrap sign foam placed sporadically throughout my table and each scrap required 3 bit changes so the Super zero was crucial for each of the 5 pieces...and all of the bit changes. I could not have done the job without it. Can't say enough good things about the super zero...

Jason...

I think I'm gonna have to put you on the payroll.

...Morris

Steven...

I've updated the web page to add a bit of the "detailed information" you suggested. Like most "geeks", I'm a terrible salesman. Thanks for your suggestions!

All...

And to follow up on the (off-topic) purpose of selling the SuperZero: I'm happy to say that my (our?) R&D has gotten attention in (at last count) 68 countries around the world and has encouraged at least a few adventurous folks to build their own fluidyne engines. On the 7th I received a photo of a home-built Pakistani engine (good news from Islamabad!), and on the 16th received a video of that engine operating for the first time. So far, I'm not aware of anyone else running one under solar power - but that'll follow. If interested, you can see the photo and download the short video at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/Stirling/Elsewhere/

...Morris

Morris,

I read more of your website and realized that I had looked around there more than once and had never said, "thanks" for maintaining this information and making it available.

so, um, Many thanks!

John

John...

Thank you - it's difficult to know if a web page is worth putting together and maintaining without feedback. I usually figure that, with an e-mail link on every page, if it's not worth anyone's time to even criticize, then it's not worth keeping around.

The "Projects" stuff is there to encourage folks to try building their ideas, to think "outside the box" and, in a few cases, to think beyond boxes altogether.

I'm glad you found something interesting.

...Morris

I have to say that when Morris first introduced this item several people understood it immediately. Not me :-( I had to ask Morris point blank what it could do for me.

Glad you're still selling them Morris, I had the impression you'd given up in despair. I find it depressing that in a small, cooperative community like this somebody would steal the design....

Keep up the good work,

John