Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Door program for all users

Bruce, glad to see FreeDoors progressing in this direction. I'm guessing you received multiple emails like mine asking about a possible wainscoting add on. I appreciate your work on this program, and if there's anything you ever need help with, let me know.

Dave

Bruce, when free doors was in later stages of development, I worked pretty closely with Mike and together we were effective in evaluating critical issues and results on the table which Mike seemed to appreciate and isolated areas previously not uncovered.
    So I think I can help and would be happy to run some time, code, and result oriented tests or models to see what we can discover. If you have specific concerns or questions let me know and I'll look at them specifically whe you're ready for some test runs.

Bruce,
    The wainscot panel that Mike Richards posted in the Show & Tell was designed with Free Doors. I basicly gave deminsions for 4 doors the same size and skipped the edge and cut out files. I used Whiteside Ogee Panel bit 1 1/2 " dia. I had to figure out the offset needed for that large of bit.
    A tool library would be nice so the software does the math for you. Like the idea of DXF files into V-CarvePro.

Thanks for your efforts
    Dave

Everybody,

Thanks for the support and suggestions so far. I just finished the G-code and DXF support and want to start "Alpha" testing that very soon.

I know the ShopBot code works and I have personally verified the DXF output, but would like to get some people who's controller uses G-Code to verify that the G-Code is also correct.

One thing I am debating about. I want to spend the time working on the Graphical Tooling part, but I also think that getting the actual "cutting" tutorial written would be important since I am hoping to get some non ShopBotters to test the G-Code output as well. So, we will see how that plays out.

Jerry, you said you have a G-code controlled machine, shoot me an email at bwclark1 at gmail dot com and I will let you be guinea pig #1 for FreeDoor 4.0U.

Bruce

Dear FreeDoors users:

Well, I decided that programming won out over the cutting tutorial.

I am looking for volunteers to try out this FreeDoors "plug-in". It is not 100% complete, but would like to get some feedback before I spend too much time going down the wrong road.

If you use or have used FreeDoors in the past and would like to help evaluate ALPHA/BETA software, pleaes drop me an email at the address:
    bwclark1 at gmail dot com

Here is what a screen shot of the current version looks like.

20491.jpg
    Thanks,

Bruce

I wanna try it!!!

Bruce...I'm green to Free Doors..I'd welcome the opportunity to check it out from a "new blood" perspective.
    Thanks,
    Jon

Jon and Danny,

FreeDoors 4.0U (Free Doors 4 U
    ) with the Cutters Editor is just about done. "Done" meaning it is ready for an exhaustive BETA testing. All I need to do is add the actual "Help text" to the Cutters Editor program and build an installer. I am hoping Monday or Tuesday will be the day I can put it on the FreeDoors website to all to try.

Look for an annoucement here pretty soon.

I also plan to update the website with more tutorials. One on how to actually MAKE cabinet doors with the FreeDoors program and another on how to use the Cutters Editor program.

So, I got a lot of work ahead of me...

Bruce