Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-3 not working

Default C-3 not working

When I click on C-3 the gantry does not stop but the lights go out when the prox switches get to the bolt heads. They did work before but its been a while since I used them. any ideas on what to check?

rerun your setup in the shopbot software under tools and make sure that the box I have Prox switches and want to setup X Y zeroing

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_stanek View Post
    rerun your setup in the shopbot software under tools and make sure that the box I have Prox switches and want to setup X Y zeroing
    I have noticed that, at times, you will get this problem right after running the spindle warm up routine. As a habit I now re-start the control program right after warming up my spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_stanek View Post
    I tried this and the gantry still did not stop at bolt heads. But there was a message at the top of the setup page that said(you are using a modified setting file or something is incorrectly setup)
    It says I have a PRT Standard but I have a PRS Standard and everytime I try to change it goes back to the PRT.

It sounds like your config file has gotten messed up to me. My suggestion is to use the UR command to do a reset and then make sure you select the correct PRS tool when asked to pick the config file. You should be good to go after that

I tried this and selected prs 96 x 48 and when I go back to the set up it still says prt . I have tried everything I can think of and that might be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BillYoung View Post
    It sounds like your config file has gotten messed up to me. My suggestion is to use the UR command to do a reset and then make sure you select the correct PRS tool when asked to pick the config file. You should be good to go after that

Go in the switch setting [V] [N] and set switches 2 and 3 to "normally closed limit" for the PRS. PRT has normally open limit on switch 2
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Thanks everyone for the help got it back working and every thing seem ok now. Hope I didnt cause any other problems trying to fix this one but so far everything is working.

Well now I have a problem with the Z height also I think I have lost the setup file for my PRS 96 x48 what I did was select PRS 48 x 48 and my prox switches worked now how do I get it changed to a 48 x 96 how would I go about that or how would I get the right setup file back?

'UR' and choose the proper file.
    Scott