Thread: Vcarving Trouble

Hybrid View

Default Update

I posted yesterday but it did not update.

- I installed the 20 tooth pinion on the z axis and checked/adjusted the Z v bearings.

-The problem is repeatable at different locations on the table. I ran the UD after each program and noticed a supply voltage being as much as 0.25v difference. Is that a PC or the control box issue?
    - I tried some 3d relief programs with raster cutting in xz then yz and there is a similar error in Z.
    - I swapped geckodrive from Z to Y , no difference.
    - Installed Shopbot on my design PC, no difference.
    - Ajusted the geckodrive, no difference. (set pots back to original setting)
    - When I had the cover off the controller the lights on the geckodrive dim while jogging 6"/sec, it that normal? One of the drives looks newer and the light is brighter.

NEXT STEP
    - Swap out the Z motor with the Y.
    - Run a ground from the Control box to the house ground.

Any thoughts?

Tom

Default Solution

It's been a couple of weeks but I found a work around.

I uninstalled SB3.8.42 and installed SB3.6.46 for the older type control card, despite the fact I have a v212 card and V4G. It appears to work and maintain position. I have to search for the serial port each time I run the software. Once the port is found it's all good. I am not sure why it works or what the issue is with the original configuration cutting 3d. The problem is probably between the keyboard and my chair! Any thoughts?
    Tom

What have you heard from tech support at shopbot. I would get them involved if I could as this is above my experience.

-I have not contacted shopbot. When I upgraded from the explore card (about 2 years ago) SB told to run the latest version. No issues until I tried the smaller v carving and 3d reliefs.
    -I will touch base with them.