Thread: 5 Axis Shopbot - 2011

Default 5 Axis Shopbot - 2011

I have a 2011 Shopbot 5 axis machine that I picked up 2 years ago.

I replaced the Spindle and VFD with a single phase unit. I also replaced the pinions during the tuning/adjustment phase.

I have the original 3 phase VFD and spindle but I have never run these components.

If you are not familiar with the 5 Axis, it it a very different machine than the Buddy or 3 axis CNC.

It does REQUIRE an air compressor air line to support he head weight during operations.

The machine is very heavy - About 1200 pounds.

It will run in 3 axis and the current photos show how I used it in that configuration. To use it in 5 axis, you will need Fusion 360 or Rhino software - These are not included, they are expensive and have a steep learning curve.

This machine is not recommended for hardwoods. I have cut foam, plywood, softwoods and and MDF without issue.

The machine dimensions are 42 X 80 X 118.5" (Note the height!)

The specs on the Shopbot site, show 112.5" for the height so I am assuming they have lowered the height requirements since 2011, as this machine is 118.5".

Unfortunately for me, I have only used this machine a few times over the last two years. I am moving soon and due to the height requirement of this machine, it will not fit in my new shop. (Without some creative framing of the ceiling). Please see the dimension's above.

I am long time CNC user so the Spindle is warmed up every month and has less than 20 hours on it. The machine runs very well and has the full range of motion in all axes.

I have attached a few photos (limited to 5) and I can show the machine under power and demonstrate the articulating head.

The price is $15,000 firm. (Sorry, no trades or low offers accepted)

I am in the East Bay area of California (Clayton, CA 94517)

Pick up only, no shipping.

The pneumatic rod will need to be removed and the cable chain disconnected to get it out of the garage, but the unit is on wheels and was transported in a box trailer to it's current location.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

K.Z.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Photo of the pneumatic rod.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks to everyone for taking a look. I am pulling the sale as I had to put the unit in storage while we move. It is no fun to buy a machine you can't see running
    Not sure if I will repost after the move, it will depend on how my new shop layout turns out.
    Take care,