Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The 9-15 - Open Source Vacuum Project

Hi Ed,
    I am running two VBTST13431AEAD motors.

James

This is Ward at Lighthouse Enterprises. I have updated some of the information on my webpage regarding the Imperial motors. The only motor where there have been warrantee issues when running the vacuum motors in series is the VBDST13431AEAD. They will not warrantee this motor if run in series, all the other motors - there is no problem running in series. Also, the VBDST13431AEAD does not always fail when run in series - it is your risk - at least buy an extra if you are going to depend up this motor.

Also, note that all the prices are going to go up 10 to 25% in the next few days. The warehouse just has not had time to update my prices yet.

Have fun saving money!

Ward,
    Thanks for chiming in & clarifying. We all appreciate your input.

Thanks!
    -Brady

One more thing! I just started carrying mufflers for central vacuum systems. They might be of value to you also??? They are 15.5" long, 4.5" in diameter and have a 2" hole in each end?? They are supposed to cut the noise level by up to 50% especially when vented to the outside??? I can give special pricing to someone who might want to try one?

I just ordered half a pallet of the good series Imperial motors VBTST6460VM and my Texas warehouse will have the other half. We will have them in about 3 weeks!

Ward what the difference between the Imperial,Domell and Lamb motors in quality.

MGM Television, Vancouver British Columbia

Ha HA Haaaa...Got a good laugh at that picture of my boss, R.D.A., aka MacGyver!
    But seriously, thanks for posting this Brady!
    I'm going to try putting one of these systems together on one of my Bots before we resume work for next season.
    If I get stuck, I'll call the boss!

My pleasure, Boyd. Post up some pics when you get your setup going.

-B

Ametek is vague on series use!
    Domel engineering says this "Using two motors in series could always cause heat problems. Not on the windings but on the impeller side. Working air temperature rises due to compression and also the impeller temperature. If you close inlet the
    impeller temperature rises dramatically.

When you have two motors in series you get worm air into second motor. The simplest solution is to make "bypass opening" to secure some cold air for second motor. You'll lose some air flow and pressure of the system but you'll save second impeller."
    The Domel is supposed to last 20% to 30% longer than the Ametek of the same spec. They have a different design in their brush - much more brush in contact with the armature - probably less arching and less wear. I will take a picture soon! Maybe today
    The Imperial seems to be the only motor that will stand up to this kind of abuse? The All-Metal horn really helps.

I was wrong, this Domel brush doesn't look like the one I was thinking of. I still need to find out why the Domel motors are supposed to last longer. One other note - I have never been asked for brushes for Imperial motors and I sell a lot of vacuum motors.
    26200.jpg