Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IWF-Atlanta

I just wanted to publicly thank David for hosting the mini-camp last week. I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing old friends. The information was very interesting and David really showed us what is capable with a Bot some imagination and perseverance.

I would have added to the thread earlier but was driving back to Toronto from Atlanta for the last few days! If anyone found a sony-ericson cell phone at David's its probably mine - let me know if anyone saw it...

Cheers,
    James

I wondered who's phone I was using to call my friends in Japan ;-) Sorry, couldn't resist, haven't seen it though. Bummer loosing a phone. Keep calling it, maybe someone will answer. (mean time at David's "WHERE is that RINGING coming from!?!?")

I too enjoyed David's mini-camp especially meeting everyone including James and Tony. One thing I came away with was a renewed energy to be creative!

/RB

That explains the ringing in my ears the last few days. Sorry James but no unclaimed phones have turned up here.

Thanks to all who turned out, we had close to two dozen in the shop, comparing notes and exchanging a few stories and some laughs. Thanks again to James Booth and Vector Art 3D for providing the food and drink (yum).

There's been some talk of trying to make this a regular thing, we have enough critical mass in the Atlanta area that we should be able to visit a different shop every 3 or 4 months to keep things interesting and fresh. Since I have the e-mail addresses I'll send out a tickler later this year if no one has issued an invitation.

As for the show the overall attendance was way lower (half?) than at previous shows, but from what I heard the folks that were there had money to spend. Shopbot and Vector Art 3D were two of the few booths that had consistent crowds almost all 4 days. I found a few new tricks and saw a lot of familiar faces. Still trying to get caught up at the office after being focused on the show and get-together all week.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Hey All
    My order of some bits from RBTOOLSUPPLY.COM came in and i cut some 3/4 poplar ..Very good cut quality .I will be ordering more . They are on sale until 09-20. A 1/4" Compression single or double flute 13.20ea and a 3/8" compression single or double flute for 19.67 ea. Hope this helps