Thread: Hibernate

Default Hibernate

Has anyone had a problem with there Hibernate function in Windows XP not working properly after installing the Alpha Control software? I run the Bot off of several laptops that also travel with me. When there not hooked up to the bot, or when they are, the Hibernate function does not work. 1 doesn't work at all and 2nd hibernates but won't startup properly when awoken. They used to work when the computers were new. Any thoughts?

Frank

Frank,
    I'm not 100% positive, but I am pretty sure that the SB install disables hibernation to keep it from going to sleep while a tool is running. This would present a serious safety issue if you had to stop the machine and it was 'asleep'...

-Brady

I have had an issue that is somewhat related. We had our machines here at school set to hibernate after 15 minutes of non-activity (mouse or keyboard input) If the computer hibernated the, machine would pause in the program where it was (no X, Y motion). The router would continue to spin. When you woke the computer it would continue as planned. Perhaps there is less safety issue than we had previously thought.

Frank,

Right click on your desktop and select "properties". Then select the "Screen Saver" tab. Then select the "Power button" in the lower right corner of the screen. Assuming that your laptop is plugged in when running the Bot you need to select "Never" in all of the "Power Schemes". This will not only keep the computer from hibernating but also enhances its performance.

Bill