Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices

Daryl- I bought mine after about a year of research. I had never seen one, much less a buddy as none had been delivered at the time.

I just found the support appeared to justify the trust. (I was right on that one!) And took the chance, I have never had a regret.

You want to see one in person, and I understand that completely as its hard to put down that much money when you are not sure what it is you are getting. Then on the other hand if you see one running what you are really seeing is the experience of the person giving the demo, that isn't as obvious when it is all new.

Get a machine based on the working envelope you need and the speed/power requirements you have. When there is one in your shop you will get to see it more than you ever imagine, kind of like a new mother gets to see a baby.

There is more to a shopbot than steel, steppers, and spindle. Its a way of thinking about making things. When I bought mine, everything changed in the way I use tools in the shop. You wont see this in a demo, but you will experience it when yours arrives.

"Pre shopbot" I had tools I used to accomplish things. For instance- I used to use a thickness planer, but not now. I use the bot. I used to use a table saw, now I use the bot. (See my shopbot sawyer program I posted to the forum elsewhere.) I had a scroll saw, its looking for a new home at the moment, the bot replaced it. The drill press gets little work as that is almost all done on the bot.

Thats a hint of what you wont see in the demo, but you will probably experience when you get one. There is nothing saying I cant use those other tools just as before, but now I can put raw stock into this amazing programmable fabrication device and push the "start" button. After that its just a matter of time and sawdust till I get usable parts out of it.

So to anybody stuck in paralysis through analysis, my own experience is that I had no regrets making the plunge and expect you are not likely to have a different experience. Anything is possible, but if you decide you made the wrong choice, bots sell in a matter of hours on this forum. You have an exit option. Few use it, most likely you wont either.

Best wishes in your new year (will you be an owner too?)!

D

DO IT! You wont be sorry.

yeah, drink the kool-aid...you won't be sorry

Hey Jack you sound like The O'Reilly Factor now.
    Dan

Beware
    I was considering the new part works software. Went to a meet in Missouri in June or July. Got my $300 ready for an upgrade from wizard for Christmas, Now they want $745 for an up grade.
    I cannot see paying this .

Hi David: do you really need the Partworks3d part of that? If all you need is the functionallity of VCarvePro, won't shopbot allow you to upgrade to that separately from Partworks3d?

If not, you can always buy VcarvePro from

www.vectric.com

Version 5 is coming soon, if the past is the key to the future it will continue to improve an already powerful software.

That is coming from an ArtCam Insignia owner who now uses Vectric products almost exclusively.

Gerald Martin

Like a lot of others have mentioned. When I started looking I had no idea what I was looking at but. The forum here and the people in Durham convinced me that this was the way to go.
    Not because they sold it to me but because I found this forum and the staff support to be very real, not just imagined.

Take the BLUE pill it's good......

Hi. My story is similar to all here, but my shopbot was delivered in Guatemala, Central America. The risk was higher because of the support. But anyway I decided that the shopbot was the machine I wanted. After a year having it, not regrets.

Go for it.

Carlos