Thread: Cable loop on way to control box

Hamlet of Mt. Lorne, near Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

Default Cable loop on way to control box

I'm expecting my PRSstandard 96x48 to arrive next week so I've been reading the assembly documentation to be ready to put it together. I was wondering if anyone has some pictures of how they ran the cable bundle from the gantry to the control box. I seem to remember something on the forum about using an e-chain. Curious to see what various people did to get this cable bundle out of harms the way.
    Thanks Al

I think the new PRS machines come with the Echain now I have one that was shipped in Jan 2008 and it still had the arch but I upgraded to Echain that I bought off E bay.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the e-chain mounted on the side rail of the ShopBot (leading to the control box) in the pictures located on this thread http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1820 is now part of the ShopBot package or is it an add on feature.
    Thanks

Smile

Al -

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum!

I just received my PRS Standard (48x48) a week and a half ago and Echain is included as part of the standard package.

The Assembly manual has alot of information re: how to route the cable. Just make sure you stock up on cable ties. Shopbot doesn't supply those.

There are a few "gaps" in the steps in the Assembly manual. It really needs to be redone. Actually, I printed out some Buddy documentation at one point since it had some information that wasn't in the PRS Standard Assembly manual (it's more up to date).

If you have any questions, now or when you start putting it together, fire away!!

I'd be glad to help.

Bill

Al, the E-chain is standard on the Y-gantry but not on the X-axis . It is available for the X-axis at a small additional charge . In terms of the 'loops' talk to Tech support about that . They recommend that any loops
    not be too 'neat' to prevent crosstalk between the cables . They can tell you which ones etc . Unfortunately the instructions are incomplete and not clear in places .... Bill

Thanks for the reply's to my question. The unit has been delayed in delivery (still hasn't made it to Skagway, Alaska yet by barge) so haven't started the assembly yet. I was hoping the the e-chain on the x axis was included with the new units. Is there any specific part number etc. that I should know about when calling ShopBot, as I couldn't find any reference to this on their website or is this something you can only order through a third party supplier.

Al , you can order your own and make brackets but the savings are minimal . Shopbot doesn't show stuff like this on the website . Just call and ask for the X-axis E-chain kit . It includes brackets to mount it simply to your machine .

Bill