Thread: Unexplained stoppage??

Question Unexplained stoppage??

I am not new to CNC but I am quite new to ShopBot (PRT 60X120). I have a file that is nothing but straight line cuts with a 90 degree V-bit in a sheet of plywood.The project was done in Aspire and consists of a separate toolpath for each cut. The reason for that is I wanted the econmy of motion of selecting the startpoints for each cut.

The file ran for a little over 3 minutes (32 lines of code) and stopped in mid cut. There was no error message, the cursor would not move and the little hourglass was showing. The only way I could get out of that was to re-start the computer.

I have attached the file if one of you ShopBot Wizards would take a look at it I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

Disregard previous wire...

I believe I have figured it out. Sometimes, just by your mere presence, you guys inspire greatness in others!

Joe

the way to setup the cut so they are cut from one end then the other is to change the start point on every other line.but unless your doing this over and over it's not worth the time.

Steve,
    Thanks for taking time to reply. I initially had each cut as a separate toolpath with startpoints at alternate ends of the board. I then saved them as a single toolpath as they all used the same tool. After the first problem I went back and highlighted all of them and created one toolpath from the start.

This is only the third file I have tried to run on my ShopBot (and I have to tell you the Techno-Isel interface was a whole lot more intuitive to me) and everyone of them has stopped at the same place (see attachment).

I have found that if I go in and delete everything above the "MS XXXXXX" line the program will run all the way through. I am probably setting myself up for a major problem doing that but it is the only way I can make it run.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images