Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking thru previous sub-forums, it seems to me that this site has had

Quote Originally Posted by dlcw View Post
    I'm not sure what ShopBot could do to catch up.
    I wonder if they've had their "Kodak" (or Xerox) moment yet.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    I wonder if they've had their "Kodak" (or Xerox) moment yet.
    I don't know if they ever will. For some reason, as a group the majority was always against any kind of controller improvements, wanting to stay with "the girl they brought to the dance" or SB3. Which by they way, and with full respect to Ted and his genius, was awesome when it came out but became less relevant with every year that passed. And now its been decades.

If you dont think that every comment I have made after leaving SB's employ is any different that what I said (in private) while I was there, you would be mistaken. Most of those comments, even with data or a demo to back them up were received with the majority of team leaders placing their finger in ears and loudly saying BLA BLA BLA!

And if you wondered what my points of contention were, you can see them listed here, along with comments of some of SB's most experienced users:
    Post Processor Modification (talkshopbot.com)

BTW: why was that post left up to gather 33,400 views?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I've been saying this forever, and I kept getting slapped around. Now, people are starting to open their eyes.
    What happened to what's his name? Came in on a thread, kept saying he was fixing the issues, got upset, and left.
    It looks as if all the posts have been deleted if I'm looking at the correct thread.
    Just more excessive chatter, and no results.

When business owners don't listen to their customers, there is only one way it comes out.
    Shopbot is realizing that, and are likely digging in their own pockets, to keep the name around.
    Tah-Dah

I'm not going to get into the middle of this discussion, but as a moderator I want to comment about posts and if/when they are deleted.

We have very rarely depleted posts or threads, mostly first posts that were obviously spam/illegal. We do occasionally lock threads, for a very few reasons:

*) The post devolves into personal attacks. We tend to lock them pretty quickly, and sometimes delete a post at the end of the thread that's especially obnoxious before locking it.
    *) I get 3 private messages complaining about them. Usually this is resolved by a private message, but sometimes the thread has to be locked.
    *) The thread becomes repetitive, with the same thing being said over and over. It's the "Enough is enough" rule, and we may lock the thread.

Since the beginning the TalkShopBot forum has been user-driven and intended as a place for users to ask questions and make comments. Unlike some forums we have always left posts in place, even ones that are critical, and tried to stay as hands-off as possible. It's the way we've always run it.

Bill

Holy Moses. I stop in about once every 4 years to catch up on happenings and get help from the old CNC gods. I understand the tone of this thread and I gotta tip my hat to Shopbot. In 2003 when I was a poor, poor, silly, silly pup and bought my first PRT it was the best, reckless, uninformed, stroke of luck decision I ever made. That machine with this forum was a God send. All the sudden we became a manufacturer that had capabilities and could compete. We pieced together a small company from there. I am getting nostalgic. It is exhausting and expensive to innovate, develop and bring to market products that solve our customers problems and fills their wants. But to survive and sometimes thrive we must do it. I'm glad I saw this thread every small manufacturer needs to be reminded of this, but I digress I have to figure out a retro spindle upgrade for a bot that I think we can squeeze out 3 more years. Peace and Prosperity to All

Could the apparent lack of interest in Shopbot / this forum be as simple as the new buyers are much more in tune with XYZ technology than we were way back when we bought our machines. We had all kinds of question! The new buyers are upgrading from their home 3D printers or laser printers or . . . . Even their phone skills are better than our old dial tone skills. The earlier comment about the Facebook site reinforces this somewhat because of how technical the questions are versus how technical the answers are. The newbies know a lot more than we did, my self in particular and I came from a full working life of data processing computer skills. My bot is old, my Vectric software is old, but the money I still make every day seems to spend the same! LOL Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Absolutely. the capabilities were just starting to cut deep when I got in. Our schools tech students have already cut their teeth on this CNC stuff. Its only application and imagination that they need to develop. So how do I lose the new member title??? I'm an old dog...or I feel it any how. LOL

I'm not really sure but I think the titles change by qty of posts not age. Russ

Attached Images Attached Images

An additional thought this morning, I get "notifications" when some one posts to the Shopbot Facebook site. The Shopbot forum I need to go to it to see if anything has been posted. Just a thought and I haven't had my coffee yet so . . . . . Russ