Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making Money with Your shop bot

Default Patterns

What you refer to might be a problem however the person copying the clip art would be in trouble also. You have to watch free clip art. Most who use clip art do not read the conditions and license agreement. I personnel do not use clip art that i do not buy... Why spend time cleaning it up when i can buy it ready to go.

Copyright laws are hard to understand, that is why i hired a copyright attorney, to protect my rights. It is a great gray area for most...
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

I don't use anything I don't buy or make myself either as I don't feel like I truly understand this issue after too many hours spent trying to understand. better safe than sorry in my book. I don't live in grey areas.

I hope mark doesn't go to jail... I doubt it

Default Patterns

They do not put you in jail for this. First they have to send you a cease and assist order, not sure if this is wrong he may have permission and he may own them as the designer I have no clue.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Good thing.. for a minute there, I thought mark and I were gonna b cell mates... I still don't see anything this man is doing wrong... wonder why I don't have a web page.... word of mouth best advertising.. and it is FREE. still do more custom cabinets, drawers, screen door and window reproduction than anything.... am getting ready to make a little boy a wagon... he is 2 months old and his dad is in music industry. sides are gonna look like a guitar and the stem and handle a fretboard and headstock

love my shopbot, aspire software

I am brand new to this forum and this particular post relates to mine and my wife's business. We always welcome criticism be it destructive or constructive, but it is beyond me that after a i viewed the stats on our website today and found that at least 70 people have been to our site as a result of Gene's post, that the only thing I have seen are comments to the legality of posting some of the clipart that we offer our customers. This, mind you is clipart that we purchased legally with US dollars from ShopBot tools directly. I am a little disappointed that I see no comments about the quality or lack of quality in our work with the exception of Gene's original post. Wow! I am truly amazed!

it's a forum...good or bad enjoy it

new guys always get bashed

in a year or... when your works go 10 fold in design and execution it'll be your turn to critique...
    Vector Studio 22

Interesting Welcome for Mark!!

Never-the-less welcome to the Forum Mark. Making signs is an art form....kudos to you and the other sign makers on this site!

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Welcome to the forum,

I just looked at your site and you have the design, creative art, and ability to produce a very nice product.

I like how you and your wife select the colors that provide the right accent to the sign, well done.

Wayne

Mark, I'm not disputing that you paid for that clipart but are you 100% sure you're allowed to display it on the website like that?

You almost certainly have a license to use it for making products not for digital distribution.

Not having a go at you. It's a mixture of not wanting you to get into trouble for something you didn't know about and wanting people to realise what you can and can't do with digital products.

As someone who has seen his own digital work pirated over and over again it's something I'm particularly sensitive to. I do realise that it's ignorance of the license agreements rather than anything malicious that causes the problems but the end result to the guy trying to make money out of the digital goods is often the same.

This is why i stay out of these "opinions"...
    Because like they say... "Opinions are like A**holes, everyone has one, and most of them stink"

Years ago we built a wildlife park in Sevierville and i'm pretty sure i probably have seen your work when we would go to pidgeon forge, gatlinburg area. It was a huge tourist area there, you definitely do great work so keep it up!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson