Thread: hardened rails in Canada?

Default hardened rails in Canada?

Apparently Mc master Carr has some kind of bug up their ass when it comes to shipping to Canada. We'd like to upgrade our x-rails, anybody know of an alternate source that will ship to the great white north?

windsor boat works limited, gravenhurst ontario

Default Mc Master

I had a US customer who was going to order something from McMaster and ship it to me . He made the mistake of mentioning it to the sales clerk , and got black listed . --They wont even sell to him now . ---What ever happened to free trade ??
    And Now that I'm done with my rant , I got Bishop wisecarver rails from BDI --If you google them I'm sure they are in BC

Thanks Mike!

I'm sure you would have no problems getting what you need from Rick at Superior:

www.superiorbearing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecraft View Post
    Apparently Mc master Carr has some kind of bug up their ass when it comes to shipping to Canada. We'd like to upgrade our x-rails, anybody know of an alternate source that will ship to the great white north?
    ShopBot will & does...in case you overlooked that.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks Dave, Thanks Brady... I wasn't aware SB sold upgrade parts - will definitely give them a call!

Boyd, you're not alone with McMasters - they wont ship to Australia either which is a bummer for those doing Michaels monthly projects. When challenged it appears that they dont want anything to do with export documentation or the hassles of overseas credit cards. Now who in these troubled times knocks back sales?
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Compare pricing Boyd-All 3 suggestions yield the same quality parts. Some (including me) say Superior Bearing rails are a better quality steel but the difference with BWC is pretty insignificant to a Botter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Eustace View Post
    .....When challenged it appears that they dont want anything to do with export documentation or the hassles of overseas credit cards. Now who in these troubled times knocks back sales?
    I have some sympathy for that. Supposedly they carry over half a million different parts, all made by other companies. Some parts are made by a variety of suppliers. Keeping the proper documentation for export for all these parts updated all the time, possibly with lot traceability would be a horrendous task. Many of the products they sell are likely export restricted for certain countries. I guess the limited export business is just not worth the effort.

My company buys only a few parts from McMaster because it is impossible to get any material certificates or datasheets from them.

McMaster Carr ships to Canada. What they will not do is ship to a residential address. Like one of the above mentioned , If you need something you can find only through them have someone with a business address order it (and do not tell M. C. it is not for that business!!!).