Response about CarveCo moved from here

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...341#post204341

Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
Thanks.
I'm strongly considering buying Carveco.
Both programs are obviously very full featured and capable.
I was just curious to know if you had made a conscious decision to use one over the other for any particular reason.
Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
To expand on my reasons for being so interested.
Aspire has been on my "gonna buy" since I did my machine makeover at the end of last year. It's price is it's price. The intro pricing on CarveCo is why I suddenly feel a sense of urgency.
What kind of work exactly are you expecting to do in either software that you are not doing now?

Either one will most likely do everything that you want. There's a very thin sliver of power users out there that would benefit from using one over the other. Compare the interface & feature lists between the two and pick one.

Everyone has their own reasons for buying a certain brand tool. Some are ok with Ryobi while others have to have top of the line. The most expensive thing you can do is buy the cheap one and then realize you hate it and have to get the other one...so you wind up spending twice as much. This is why I never let price be the ultimate decision maker for any tool.

I think it's important to mention, just like a CNC, the software comes with ZERO talent. Buying one over the other doesn't matter. If you don't truly do the work and spend the time to learn the software, without fooling yourself, you'll be stuck in dilbert land cutting pre-made 3D clip art and not much else 3D... (The bar has gotten lower over the years - sorry 3D clipart you flooded in polyurethane ain't "it")

If all you need to do is cut 3D and not actually create or modify 3D reliefs, then VCP has all the bases covered for 1/3 the price of Aspire and half the price of CarveCo...

What do you really need?