Thread: 2011 San Mateo Makers Faire

Hybrid View

Default 2011 San Mateo Makers Faire

Will ShopBot be having thier annual Users Group festivities at this years Maker Faire? Russ

Default Maker Faire/Open House

Russ,
    As usual you are slightly ahead of us. An e-mail is due to be sent out this week to those in the immediate area of the Maker Faire announcing this year's schedule. Running a Camp at the Faire has been problematic in the past because it's also the set up day for a few thousand other people and we usually wind up competing with lots of movement,noise, and traffic. So this year we're going a different route;

Shopbot "Maker Faire/Open House" at David Feind's shop .David will open his CNC prototype/"job shop"to Shopbotters from 10AM to
    2PM on Saturday May 21st. Stop by and see some of the unique projects and applications David has developed in his business. This will also be the
    opening day of the 2011 Maker Faire at the San Mateo Fairgrounds- http://makerfaire.com/ and we'll have refreshments and free Faire tickets
    available for those who stop by. David's shop is close to the San Mateo fairgrounds so this will be a great chance to meet some local Shopbotters,
    see some very interesting work, and catch a few hours at the Faire ! Directions to the shop follow;

"The shop is about 4 miles south of the Fairgrounds. Coming from south or north the easiest way to describe getting to my shop is to exit 101 at Holly Street. Bear to the left and turn left on Industrial Road. Turn right at Terminal Way (white building with red dots Bermico Auto). The shop is about 3/4 the way down the street on the right. 1042 Terminal Way.
    If you do not want to get on 101, take El Camino Real to Holly, turn left onto Holly, turn right immediately onto Old County Road. Turn left onto Terminal Way (right after the Automatic Transmission sign) and the shop is on the left."

For any questions/info please contact - campshopbot@gmail.com
    We hope to see you there !
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

To bad to hear that you aren’t going to have a ShopBot camp before the maker fair, I all ready purchased my airline tickets to get me in early on Friday. Oh well I guess I will see you guys on Saturday. Play safe.
    Ron Moorehead
    R&S Design
    ShopBot PRS Aphla 48 by 96
    Laserpro Explorer 30 watt
    Universal Laser 50 watt
    3D printer

@Bill P. but now everybody will miss the Arc Attack sound check on Friday !!!! LOL

Anyone who has ever heard them, will not miss it at all.....
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Bill, sorry for jumping the gun! Will there be any speakers or presentations at the Open House? Will ShopBot be exhibiting at the Faire? I have some folks coming to see ShopBot and to learn more about the equipment and the company. With my wife and I that will make 4 people total.