Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to decide between CNC routers

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

I agree , 1000 seems high but i havent rented a dog sled team before . Isnt there a ton of snow up there ? maybe a summer price will be better. See what the shipping is on a stinger just to have a comparison. Good luck

I live in the metro Detroit area in Michigan.
    I was told a $250 crating charge, and $750 shipping ,,, All nice, very round numbers.
    A little too round for me !

don't want to come off as a cheapskate here, but I was expecting more like $400 0r $500 max, even that I would have had to consider.
    Didn't do too bad on the snow here, got maybe 6 inches, most of which is cleared off the roads.

Road trip to North Carolina???

I drove from Texas to California to pick up my current one.

I spent about 700 plus several days. 1 grand doesn't seem so steep after that trip. lol
    Kenneth

If you go to Shopbot's "Home page" then click on the "Pricelist". Go to page 3...It lists the crate fee $275 and shipping $800.

I was considering a new BT-48 Alpha a few years ago then decided to purchase a used one. I bought a PRT-Alpha 48-96. Traveled 1,000 miles to get it. 1,000 miles back home. I am so thankful that my wife said to "get what I want and don't settle for less". At the time, I was considering the "carvewright". Once again, I am very happy with my decision......

Gerald

Fair points.
    I still think its excessive, and am going to pass.
    Shipping on the Desktop is $200 ... 5x more to ship the buddy doesn't cut it with me.

True, the shipping list is available as a .pdf document.
    The Desktops $200 shipping is listed right on the page, the Buddy isn't, which leads me to believe they want to avoid shipping sticker shock from potential customers.

Doug:

You can always set up a shipping account with CH Robinson for a quote and have them do the pick-up and delivery. Even though I am in Florida I deal with Dawn Callahan at their office near Buffalo NY and have found them reliable and helpful.
    You can also verify pricing by downloading the FEDEX quote software from their site.

Their documentation says they will use a shipping company of their choice, don't know how receptive they'd be about other arriangements.

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    Fair points.
    I still think its excessive, and am going to pass.
    Shipping on the Desktop is $200 ... 5x more to ship the buddy doesn't cut it with me.

True, the shipping list is available as a .pdf document.
    The Desktops $200 shipping is listed right on the page, the Buddy isn't, which leads me to believe they want to avoid shipping sticker shock from potential customers.

I just checked and the buddy is listed on that page. The buddy weighs a lot more than a desktop.

Yes, 600lbs + vs 102.
    I am saying that the desktop http://www.shopbottools.com/mProducts/desktop.htm
    has the shipping quote listed right on the page.
    The buddy http://www.shopbottools.com/mProducts/shopbot_buddy.htm, does not.
    don't know how much the Shark weighs, no doubt a bit less than the desktop, shipping is a paltry $65 on that.
    Stingers apparently have no shipping info online.

I got an astronomical quote from Fedex, too ridiculous to even mention.
    UPS is 619.21, guess I'm pretty much SOL, never expected shipping to be that much.

Bought a pr 48x96 in central usa $3750, 6 2009. Freight to San Diego on a dedicated truck, no off loads $1K. Importation to my shop in Mexico another $1K. Shipping is what it is ...look at the bot cost to ship from the NC factory... and you need to assemble
    Vector Studio 22