Thread: !!!!!tool stop button is on!!!!!

Default !!!!!tool stop button is on!!!!!

Any of you guys ever had a problem with this fault stopping machine without Estop being hit? But what is worse than that is that I can not get the reset button to re-engage the relay on the board. sometimes it does it after 1 try, sometimes after 30, sometimes I give up, and then it's like nothing happened the next day.

I have thought for a while now that it is a bad solder connection to the relay because it seems to be affected by heat building up in control cabinet.

It has been an intermittent problem I have been dealing with for some time, and I can't get it to repeat enough to nail down the source.

Any body have any experience with this? I can't really afford a new board right now, but I can't afford machine not running either.

Please help.
    mike
    Mike Lyons
    !WOW-HUH?
    www.wow-huh.com

Had this happen on ours, all we had to do is clean the contacts on the e stop so they move free.
    Hope it works for you.
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

in the pendant? Did you have a hard time getting it to reset and engage the contactors?
    Mike Lyons
    !WOW-HUH?
    www.wow-huh.com

one thing you can do is shut the control box off, shut the computer off, THEN go over to your circuit breaker and turn the circuit for the bot off and let it sit for a minute. Then repower everything.
    Somertimes things get stuck in the memory and you just have to purge it all for it to clear up....
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

No, it was just on the e stop.
    That said i had a problem with the pendent but it turned out that one of the drivers was not in all the way on the mother board, so after I unplugged and plugged all of them a few times and I got it going.
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

The E-Stops (pendant and gantry) have two circuits/switches in each and if anyone of them is sticking open, you won't be able to do a reset. In Kyle's case, we had one of the two switches in the gantry E-Stop sticking open and when the reset button was pushed, the contactors in the control box would attempt to click in and then drop connection. If the reset button was held in, they would chatter until releasing the button. A multi-meter can be used to check the switches. In our case, the E-Stop was dissembled and cleaned with contact cleaner.
    Scott

Thanks Scott and Kyle! I think my problem is similar to what you had, but your suggestion started a chain reaction that I believe has found the cause of my fault. For the last five years or so I have had the pendant with only an estop routed through my Xaxis echain and mounted on gantry for easy access (about the same amount of time this intermittent problem has been happening). The other night I wanted to take a closer look at it so I removed it from chain and had it laying on the ground. I took it apart and thought I inspected it all over, but unfortunately I was doing it while I was unable to reset so I noticed nothing. I returned in the morning and of course reset worked fine. My partner, after over hearing my talk with SB support walked in and grabbed the pendant off the ground and smacked it against the heel of his hand and voila it tripped. We reset. It did it again. and again. That was the first time I have gotten the fault to reoccur predictably. I feel awfully silly I didn't find it sooner. Thanks so much for the advice.

I was really getting convinced it was something in the board. Whewww!
    Mike Lyons
    !WOW-HUH?
    www.wow-huh.com