Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toolpaths

Default Toolpaths

Good day to all,this here is my first posted since i am now getting my teeth into the world of ShopBot,just a question to the more season people here.i have being asked to do 12 of the picture attached however,my toolpaths that are being generated is the taken away the material i want to leave in,have tried looking thru the help section as well googling it but no luck so far,i have gotten thru with importing and tracing the bitmap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Try putting a box around the entire layout then choose all the vectors when creating a pocket toolpath. OR, if you did that, try taking the box away and then create the pocket toolpath.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Add a Boundary Box, and select VCarve Toolpath with flat depth...select all components like Wes said.
    Joining Vectric forum and posting the file is great for tips and relevant tutorials as well.
    VERY helpful members there as well, when it comes to design work!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

First trace bitmap- that then should make a vector boundry around each of those objects in the picture.
    Make a square vector boundry around the outside of the object
    select all the vector boundries inside and the square boundry outside
    what that does is exclude cutting what is inside the individual vector boundries and the square is the outside boundry.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Hello to all,sorry about not getting back to those who chime in with help, i was cutting the router bit holders for the guys in the shop,i did do it as was instructed and it work,the attached picture isn't the actually work but was practicing with this one.Thanks,i am about to cut some 1/4" aluminium plate this week for our dovetail jig.Sandy Lane Test.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tysmall View Post
    Hello to all,sorry about not getting back to those who chime in with help, i was cutting the router bit holders for the guys in the shop,i did do it as was instructed and it work,the attached picture isn't the actually work but was practicing with this one.Thanks,i am about to cut some 1/4" aluminium plate this week for our dovetail jig.
    That look reversed from the example you showed previously?

You want the opposite of this. You want to cut the space around these objects. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your dovetail jig setup.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
    That look reversed from the example you showed previously?
    Yes i know,but the picture i was working shows different ,going to do a tracing layout on Wednesday of the picture i sent, since the pictures being sent by the customer is of poor quality.See the attached of what is working with.Carved-Wood-Decorative-Panels-31.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    You want the opposite of this. You want to cut the space around these objects. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your dovetail jig setup.
    Dovetail_Preview.jpgHere is just a preview of the toolpaths.

Quote Originally Posted by tysmall View Post
    Yes i know,but the picture i was working shows different ,going to do a tracing layout on Wednesday of the picture i sent, since the pictures being sent by the customer is of poor quality.See the attached of what is working with.
    This is neither what you showed originally or what your preview shows. This is a carved piece that is simply cut out.