Thread: Missing Menu suddenly

Default Missing Menu suddenly

Crazy question - how does one get the normal text toolbar menu to display?

I was setting up to Z zero. Used the SK command to move the car to position. Put the plate down and attached the alligator clip. Went back to the computer to C2 and the menus were gone but replaced with ICONS only. Have NO idea what happened. Have hunted around, looked at the manual, asked someone about it - all with no luck. Surely it's a SB3 issue, not Windows XP because other programs show menus normally.

I can operate using the codes (K, C2, etc) so it hasn't killed production, just unhandy.

Any ideas? PrtAlpha 2006 version, computer Win XP, software 3.46

I can probably reinstall the software but suspect there is a field somewhere. I did find out how to add icons and get text beside the icons but not how to get the get the normal toolbar back.

You need to turn off shopbot easy
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

Thanks Kyle. Shutting down, etc, did not do it. In fact, its been shutdown/powered up many times in the past 7-10 days since it happened. I even shut down the control box knowing full well it had nothing to do with the situation. Being former IT career, I take the normal incremental steps needed to resolve issues such as what your suggesting, shutting down/restarting software, shutting down computer/starting again - NOT a reboot (Reboot vs shutdown CAN make a difference).

He means turn off the ShopBot control "Easy" mode. Click the question mark (?) and select, "Switch to FULL"
    Ron Sloan

3.6.46 doesn't have that option.

Try right clicking in the blank area of the menu or icon area and choose customize. See if "Menu Bar" and "Standard" are checked in the toolbars tab, Try the "Reset" there and also on the "Options" tab. If none of that works, then try a reinstall. If you can, do a US to save your current settings as a backup first.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    3.6.46 doesn't have that option.

Try right clicking in the blank area of the menu or icon area and choose customize. See if "Menu Bar" and "Standard" are checked in the toolbars tab, Try the "Reset" there and also on the "Options" tab.
    Yes, I was in there doing those things and got no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by ssflyer View Post
    He means turn off the ShopBot control "Easy" mode. Click the question mark (?) and select, "Switch to FULL"
    Didn't know there was an "easy" mode. Unfortunately another Botter was trying to fix this and somehow lost the icons. He knows not how. The ICON you refer to was there. I have nothing now except the box for 2 digit commands. LOL Such is life.

I may call Shopbot. A friend - IE the guy that lost the icons - wants to use the machine for a few days so when he is done I'll re=install 3.6.46 I guess. The machine IS usable so don't want to take a chance of messing it up for him.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other ideas?

Just to update - re-installing 3.6.46 didn't fix it. Still no menu or even icons. OH well. At least I can run.