Thread: Our Indexer Set-up

Default Our Indexer Set-up

My students just finished setting up our indexer. We purchased a few extra brackets and a brace from shopbot. This was only done to keep with the shopbot blue. We did need to use the plasma cutter to cut the brace and drilled a few holes to get it all squared up. We will not use it until next school year since this year is almost over...........thank god.

42600.jpg

Nicely done! I initially planned on making my indexer table out of steel and thought that I would first build one out to wood to see if it would even work. Now that it is done and appears to be rigid enough I guess I will leave it as is. It sure doesn't look as nice as your though.

Hey Mitch, I like your setup very much. I'm looking over my table and considering your method. Can you answer a couple of questions for me. It looks like you used one of the existing Cross pieces(new) to bolt the Indexer Plates to. Are you just using one set of the Indexer Plate Holes? My plates and hole spacing(2.5 in) is too wide to get both sets of holes on the brace. And it looks like the only other original table type parts you used is the 2 gussets, is that correct?

Thanks

Mitch,
    Nice job on the indexer.
    Todd

Joe....
    You are correct about the original parts that were used. There are 2 gussets and the main beam is the beam that attaches the 2 legs together. It is the "L" shaped one. We used the wider side to mount the indexer to. It was a real close fit, but it does fit. The beam was too long, but we have a plasma cutter that cut that with no problem. You will need to drill new holes. Remember that we did purchase all new parts from Shopbot. We did not alter our original table. The cost was about $213.00 shipped to Pgh. This included the bolts as well. It really does look cool to have the machine looking all the same. This is not tat important to many, but I love it.