Let's Talk ShopBot  

Go Back   Let's Talk ShopBot > Troubleshooting

Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 PM

Default incorrect setup

I have a 2006 PRT Alpha. I had the current version of the SB software running fine until I switched computers. When I go under tools and use the setup shop bot it shows that my tool is a PRS Alpha. I went into the utilities to reset and reload the correct PRT defaults but when I go to set up the change is never reflected. I tried deleting and reloading the software, but it has not helped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW I am running windows 7 pro if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 AM

Call Frank at SHopBot. He will have you set up in no time. Probably need to go in and delete a file--- but ask their Tech Support people ( Frank, et al)

This should get you fixed RIGHT and FASTEST!

MGM
Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 PM

I spoke to Frank today and the issue seems to be when the values for the x and y axis are input for the alpha 7.2 motors the software automatically defaults for the PRS and if I change the prox switches for the PRT it still can't run a c3 command. I tried to load the software for a prt alpha with standard motors and the software shows a prt alpha in the setup. When I manually change the x and y values for the 7.2 motors it reverts the setup to PRS. Does anyone have a work around ? I think I will end up having to get the PRS style prox switches. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM

You could edit the XYZero file directly so that it doesn't get the switchtype from the system variable.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM

Delete the shopbot .ini files and then restart the control software .enter your unit values for the new motors , and then run the setup routine and find the right setup for the machine . Make sure you have you x and y axis at your 0 ,0 location before you delete the ini files .check the unit values after that to make sure they are right.

There is a way in the software to tell it if you have normally open or closed limit switches the alpha ones are normally open and the prs ones are normally closed .
I hope this is what your looking for .
Old 03-02-2012, 07:27 PM

Thank you for your replies. I tried what stephan suggested and it did not work. How do I do what Adrian suggested?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 PM

You may also need to update the firmware
Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Default fixed

Thanks for the help. I modified the code for the routine and it is working well.