PDA

View Full Version : Great Company

ken
08-12-2001, 07:43 AM
Well I have had my Shopbot for just over a year now and I must say that I am still truly impressed. One might think that buying the least expensive brand on the market would mean buying an inferior product but that simply is not true with regards to the Shopbot. As one of the first to purchase a PRT, I was fortunate enough to have Ted and Chris come down and set it up. They did an outstanding job and 13 months latter the machine is as accurate as it was when it was new. Those expensive CNC Router owners may argue that the speed of the Shopbot is not conducive to their production requirements. My thoughts are that for what they have spent on their machines you could purchase at least two or three Shopbots tripling production have more flexibility and back-up has well.

The Shopbot forum is a fantastic resource and I often wonder how many other CNC Router owners of other brands get information from it as well. There are some very knowledgeable people that bring a wealth of information to the forum and have shortened the learning curve for many of us. I have found the Vector software to be a great asset in the use of my machine. Somewhat frustrating in the beginning but with persistence it simply makes creating files a snap.

Congratulations to the crew at Shopbot for an outstanding product and means of support. To the people like Fred Smith, John Fourney (spelling?), Ron V., Bill and the many, many others thank you for all of your help and expertise.

Ken Brisk

neuxstone@aol.com
09-17-2001, 06:35 PM
Ken, I'll have to agree with everything you said. I have been slaving my Shopbot 10-7 for about 7 months now. The support is tremendous...not that I needed alot, cause the learning curve is short because of simplicity of use. The machine I purchased was for cutting 3 dimensional foam. The staff there took a personnal interrest in helping with the design, as mine has a 16x, 6y, and 24"z with an A axis that can be used to index or double up on my Zs. I have been in contact with the folks there as they are working with me to custom design yet another multi axis machine. I have to admit this plain and simply: An American company helping to build a Strong Country! Dave