PDA

View Full Version : 2 z axis routers

woodone@astound.net
03-28-2005, 11:17 PM
I have a shopbot with 2 z axis'.I'm only running one router now,i would like to run both of them but would like to hear from some shopbotters who have allready been cutting with 2 z's. What are some of the things i should know?

dingwall
03-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Probably the most important is before switching heads in your part file, send both heads to a common height otherwise your heights will get all messed up.

I work in metric, but as an example

JZ 25
JA 25
VI,,,,,,4,3

These commands send the Z to 25mm then the A to 25 mm then activates the A axis.

geneM (Unregistered Guest)
03-30-2005, 07:40 AM
We use dual Z axis.
Ours are for running duplicate parts.
If yours are the same I can offer good advice.
If your Z's operate as sheldons do( separately/independantly)Then I will not be much help

cheers
Gene

Alan Simpson (Unregistered Guest)
03-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Roy

I use two axis quite a bit within the same part program.

I have two custom cuts setup to switch back and forth between the two. The programs not only switch between the axis but tell the control software the new x,y coordinates.
If the two heads need to be parked at different heights I use the VA command to tell the control software the new Z positions.

Get a good measurement of the x and y offset of the centers of the two axis.

Alan

bill.young
03-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Hey Roy,

You might send an email to Grant at ShopBot...he's done a lot of work on making it easier to set up and use double Z's.

Bill

Ryan Patterson
03-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Roy
I use two z i switch Z and A with the VI command within a part file. I use vector for cam software. If you use part wizard shopbot as a post that will use a M4 command for the second axies. I have setup a custom cut to switch.

sl
&front = %(3)
&back = %(4)
Input "What z to use as Primary (F)Front or (B)
back" &answer
&ans="&answer"

if &ans = f then goto front
if &ans = b then goto back

Front: